[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To dog owners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: m-l_block-img-531082c3f004e.jpg (46 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
m-l_block-img-531082c3f004e.jpg
46 KB, 600x400
Is your house smelly and dirty? is there dog hair everywhere? Have you gotten used to the smell? I'm thinking of getting a dog but not for inside the house.
>>
File: k3.jpg (28 KB, 486x280) Image search: [Google]
k3.jpg
28 KB, 486x280
>>2161503
Get a flock guardian
>>
>>2161503
>I'm thinking of getting a dog but not for inside the house

This just sounds terrible. Dogs like company and a nice, safe house to live in too. Seems cruel to chain them in your backyard so you can keep your house clean and ignore them more easily.
>>
>>2161503
I vacuum often and don't let my dog on the couch or chairs so there isn't any hair on the furniture. Only way to stink up your house is if you're too lazy to clean to begin with.
>>
>>2161503
No, no, there's no smell. I brush her twice a week.
Don't get a dog for not inside the house unless it's a working dog that'll never be a pet and will work all day long outside.
>>
For the carpeted areas of the house I sprinkle this cheap powder stuff around and vacuum it up and it smells good. For the hard floors I just mop with smelly febreeze shit every week. It also helps to bathe the dog every once in a while.

Also to deal with the smell I light incense or candles. Dealing with it is pretty easy as long as you're not some hikki slob.
>>
Is THC in the air/second hand smoke harmful for dogs? Can they get if into/out of their system?

Didn't wanna make a new thread
>>
>>2161694
Do NOT USE THAT SHIT.
Especially not near an animal.
You are literally inhaling finely powdered salt.
Sailors had trouble with dying because of this.
Your lungs will bleed and so will your animal's. I'm not talking about menthol cigarette kiddie rumors, I'm talking about literal blood.

Thank fuck you didn't have an asthmatic in your house and kill him honestly.
>>
>>2161697
Slightly. Go outside. Don't smoke near your animals.
>>
>>2161697
I'd try to keep their exposure to a minimum. If possible, smoke in the bathroom or somewhere they don't hang out, and don't let them in until the room has aired out.
>>
>>2161710
Shit, I had no clue. Thanks for the info
>>
>>2161714
No one really knows, but it's just a container of finely powdered salt. Absolutely wrecks lungs and stays in your home for years and years after one use.
It penetrates vacuum filters and sprays in the air while you vacuum.
It's literally designed to kill people. This seems like a presumptuous thing to say, but it's also completely legal to sell people things that can kill them in the US.
>>
>>2161719
You wouldn't be wrong, I am US, so it would explain the ignorance, hahaha. Thanks for the save, friendo.
>>
>>2161720
There are also 0 legal requirements for a company to reveal their perfume ingredients to you, and that stuff is perfumed.
This is absolutely untrue in other countries, where they have to label actual ingredients instead of using the broad word "perfume."

The #1 uses chemical dispersant is Ether Sulfate, a drug made to confuse and retard the consumer. Hunter S Thompson described what it does to people well, but what it does to animals is confuse and anger them.

It is used to stick to perfume scents and evaporate, dispersing the scent into the air.
I can't say that carpet powder has this, but there is a massive list of extremely toxic, unknown ingredients in every soap bottle, laundry detergent, dryer sheet and shampoo bottle you own.
300 Or so ingredients that can be extremely toxic to animals and humans, no labelling requirements and ether sulfate to get them into your body.

I want perfume laws reformed. The reason I study this is because I have seizures when I smell whore perfume or axe.
Any other questions just ask.
>>
Just a note, female dogs generally don't smell as much as male dogs for some reason, so take that into consideration.
>>
Your home will not smell if you regularly wash your dog and brush them everyday.
Not allowing them to get dirty and cleaning your house regularly helps too.
>>2161517
>Seems cruel to chain them in your backyard
OP did not explain his living situations, keeping a dog outside is not cruel in certain situations.
Don't be a retard and jump to conclusions.
>>
>>2161724
>>2161719
>>2161710
this is ratman, don't listen to him. he thinks animals should be kept in dark quiet boxes without any stimuli and thinks scented products are the devil. it's been a long while, but he's back.
>>
>>2161503
got two german shepherds.
no smell, and since we vacuum there's no noteworthy amount of hair. only times that'd be a problem is if you're a slob yourself.
>>
>>2161724
Sometimes it does make me wonder if the people of the future look back at us and think how dumb and/or ignorant we were. Like we now look at thing like radioactive toothpaste and heroin for kids' cough (not that I'm anti-drug). It will be so obvious to them.
>>
>>2161761
I still never pawn bad advice. Why don't you guys let me talk to browsers without saying I'm crazy any more?
The things I say have long since been true. You just want to idolize me as a schizo.

>animals have extremely sensitive noses

Said every person on the internet.
Why can't you forget me?
>>
>>2161503
My house is not smelly or dirty and neither is the dog. This would only happen if you're a slob and don't clean your house and bathe your dog regularly. Keeping a dog outside is cruel. You don't seem like you know anything about keeping a dog, don't get one.
>>
File: IMG_20160705_114016.jpg (426 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160705_114016.jpg
426 KB, 1200x1600
>>2161761
See anything built salt here, friend?
>>
>>2161779
>4634% DRV salt
>1 box
>that's wrong anon ur a skitzo
>>
>>2161503
>Is your house smelly and dirty?
No, I clean.
>is there dog hair everywhere?
No, I brush my dog, wash his bedding, and vaccumn.
>Have you gotten used to the smell?
Yes, I feed him a good diet and keep his bedding clean so he smells nice instead of like dirty socks.
>>
>>2161503
>implying I'm a lazy subhuman that doesn't clean his house daily
>implying I don't bathe weekly and brush daily my 3 doggoronnis.
Psst nothing personnel, kid, but why don't you step up your hygiene?
>inb4 Muh house stays clean
Yeah, no... it doesn't. I don't give a fuck if nobody even lives in it--it gets more and more dirty each passing day. Everyday that you don't clean is another day that filth accumulates. Your house is 'tolerably filthy' at best but it's not clean if (You) don't clean it. Don't fool yourself.
That being said, if you still wish to pursue dog-ownership and intend to keep the dog outside then you should try killing yourself first and see if you still feel the same way about keeping your new pup outdoors. If you accidentally survive and still feel the same way then you should consider the following: you're a filthy little mongoloid that can't even be bothered to take responsibility for your own surroundings--what business do you have taking responsibility for another life?

>Tl;dr lazy fucks that can't be bothered to even clean shouldn't own a pet because they're demonstrably unfit to accomplish even the most basic of outwardly necessities for themselves.
>>
>>2161759
>hi I'm open
>I don't understand cleaning
>I have no concept of bathing animals
But no, don't just assume op is a fucking idiot who'll do exactly the things he shouldn't do with the dog
>>
>>2161981
>bathe dogs weekly
m8, that's bad for their skin and fur.
>>
>Is your house smelly and dirty
no I clean like any other person
> is there dog hair everywhere?
occasionally it will pile up under a couch but no I sweep and vacuum
>Have you gotten used to the smell?
The dont leave a huge odor in the first place if you keep them clean, dirty dogs can smell pretty rancid though
> I'm thinking of getting a dog but not for inside the house.
as long as it has a proper place where it can escape the heat/cold and gets properly taken care of there isnt anything wrong with outside dogs
>>
>>2161985
I have never once had a dog with bad skin or fur and I've owned puppers all my life. Where did you hear this?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.