[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pet Meds without a vet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: shopping.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
My mother called me asking for help with one of her cats. She appears to have had an early pregnancy miscarriage and really needs antibiotics. She used to be able to get that liquid amoxicillin that tastes like bubblegum from her vet for like $15, and it helped with just about everything. But that vet has retired and all the other local vets want around $100 just to see her. My folks just don't have that right now to spend on one vet visit.

Is there anywhere online I can get liquid Amoxicillin without a prescription?
Thanks
>>
Can't she feed the cat Amoxicillin pills?
>>
>>2161449
When I told her I could only find the pills without an RX, she just said it had to be liquid.
From my time living at home I can say none of our family has ever been very successful at getting cats to swallow pills...
>>
>>2161446
Try looking for "Fish Amoxicillin" on Amazon or the like, same works with other antibiotics. Exact same shit you get from the pharmacy.
>>
>>2161446

Getting the medication aside, I really think you need to see a vet- how do you know she's had a miscarriage? Why is she not spayed in the first place? Why do you think she needs antibiotics?

Antibiotics will not solve every problem: you really need to take this cat to a vet, if not- you need to surrender it to a shelter so it can get the care it needs. What on earth are you going to do if she hasn't had a miscarriage and she then has difficulty during labor?
>>
>>2161623
She's the kitten of a stray. My mom took the litter to our low-cost spay/neuter clinic, but she sneezed so they refused her. She went into heat not long after and - from what I understand- started to get a belly. Then she started acting under the weather, and a few days later began dropping a dark, bloody discharge.
Our area has no official shelter, only pounds. And the few rescue groups will not take cats. It's also now illegal to give them away on the side of the road or in parking lots.
Antibiotics would at least help give her a boost so she can pull through this. I know it's not the most optimal care, but she's trying to do what she can, so I wanted to help.
>>
>>2161623
This. I know sometimes vet bills can get hard, but I don't think you could avoid it in this case. Your folks will maybe need to eat some pasta until next month, but the cat need to be seen by a vet. Please. Don't play the animal doctor.
>>
>>2161446
http://mydoghasfleas.xyz/

got anitbiotics from here that helped my dog when she had an infected tooth. but i agree with >>2161965

tell them to take one for the team and go to a vet.
>>
>>2161952

Then you need to buck up and pay for a vets visit. Lets say she has had a miscarriage, antibiotics are not going to cure decaying kittens in her womb.

If you can't pay, surrender her to a pound- at least they will be able to get her seen, and she has a chance at being rehomed for a short period.
>>
>>2162364
Our pounds generally kill anything brought in within 3 hours. They don't even deny it and just claim they're full. I might as well tell her to get grandpa to shoot her.

>>2162049
Thank you SO much! I am really so grateful!
I did talk to my mom, and she promised she'd look for a vet since my dad gets paid Friday.
I know she would have already taken her if she had the money.
I might borrow it from a friend and just not tell her how I got the money. Things used to not be this bad... Hell, two years ago she helped me get surgery for one of my cats.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.