[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, the nictitating membrane is showing in my cat's eyes,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat-6345898241866958411.jpg (939 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6345898241866958411.jpg
939 KB, 1440x2560
So, the nictitating membrane is showing in my cat's eyes, when he opens his eyes all the way thr membrane leaves, but he hardly does that and his eyes are normally closed. He also has crusty discharge that builds in the corners of his eyes.
I'm going to keep an eye on it for a week and clean the discharge with wet cotten balls, and if it doesn't clear up I plan to take him to the vet, but I wanted to know what /an/'s opinion on this was. I know it has to be irritating him, but if it's something that will clear up rather quickly on its own, I'd rather save the trip.
>>
never heard of this happening, probably some genetic condition, could be allergy related?
>>
>>2161186
This is the first that he has had the discharge, I thought the eyelids were just a genetic thing but now I'm worried since I decided to look it up online.
>>
>>2161195
yeah, it's not a genetic thing.

we get a lot of children posting here that can't even google a thing before giving their expert opinion.

but it's also a pretty common and generic symptom, could be a lot of different things. If it were my cat I'd probably just let it be for a while unless it gets worse or doesn't show any signs of getting better.

then it's time for a vet. but most likely this is just an infection.
>>
>>2161197
http://www.justanswer.com/cat-health/21jgx-cats-nictitating-membrane-showing-off.html
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.