[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was hanging out with some co-workers and they started t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
So I was hanging out with some co-workers and they started talking about 'teacup pigs,' which are basically a made-up scam. Miniature pigs bottom out at around 75 lbs, but photos and descriptions on various websites lead people to believe that these pigs are way smaller. Here's one page as an example: http://www.teacuppigs.info/.

I'm not into pets, but I am into scams. Animals often factor into scams (see: pig in a poke scam). Do you guys have any stories about any scams involving animals?
>>
Looks like a cousin to the North American House Hippo...
https://youtu.be/YLG2JP0P5JE
>>
>>2160542

There was a widely held myth, i think probably perpetuated by the pet industry, that reptiles would grow to the size of their tanks and then stop growing. The many keks when your baby iguana doesn't stay one foot long.
>>
File: Laugh 149-02.jpg (669 KB, 1200x1761) Image search: [Google]
Laugh 149-02.jpg
669 KB, 1200x1761
>>2160542
It was basically impossible for a kid to drum up the amount of business required to get their free monkey.
>>
>>2160542
Most unethical breeders suggest feeding them less in order to keep them small. That's some bullshit right there. 90 something percent of these pets end up in foster care. Impulse pets.
>>
>>2160542
>Super Micro Nano Teacup Pig~ 12 LBS and up (very rare)
>Micro Mini Teacup Pig~ 17 LBS and up
>Small Teacup Pig~ 25 LBS and up

Literally what the fuck are these terms.
>>
>>2161367
Typical breederfag terminology.

Just look at what they do when they make """""designer breeds""""". Chiweenie. Doxiepoo. Labradoodle. Chug.

Breeders are retarded.
>>
>>2160542
The show 'Here comes honey boo boo' the mom bought a mini pig for the child in one episode, and it was there for a few episodes and never seen of again. The only mention of it was in a side bar of a magazine where the mom says the girl wasn't taking care of it so she sold it as a punishment.

A big scam is to tell people on CL that you need to rehome an animal, but you need to ship the animal to them. The animal is 'free' but they have to pay for shipping. That way, they give you money for shipping and never receive an animal. They can't go to small claims because the animal was free, they were only paying for the transport of it. I see people every week fall for the same fucking ones.
>>
>>2161370
Designer breed names at least make sense since theyre just a mash up of different breed names. These micro pig names just remind me of teacup Pomeranians and chihuahuas.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.