[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get a Siberian husky or Alaskan malamute? Also what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 374x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 374x400
Should I get a Siberian husky or Alaskan malamute? Also what are the biggest differences between the breeds behavior wise.
>>
>Siberian husky or Alaskan malamute? Also what are the biggest differences between the breeds behavior wise.
Lol
>>
>>2159402
Would you like to own a 3 year old in dog form who will scream at you for various reasons?

If not I would not recommend a Siberian. Actually I would not recommend anyone ever get one.
>>
File: file.jpg (68 KB, 685x960) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
68 KB, 685x960
>>2159402
What is your home/living environment like? Could be neither breeds are suitable in that respect. I have no personal experience with Huskies but from friends who have and research and seeing how many wind up in shelters it seems most people can't handle them. They have a habit of running off and they keep running and don't come back. They can display behavioural problems out of frustration if they are not put to work. They seem fairly high strung.
I have more experience with Malamutes, as I own a half Mally and have friends who own full breeds. Malamutes have thick as fuck coats that moult all year round, you have to groom them every day; not just so they look good or to preserve the neatness of your home but for their health. If you're not prepared to brush them, even for about 10 minutes every day (or every other day at the least) don't get a Malamute. I wouldn't advise getting a Malamute if you live in a hot country, they are classed as endurance freighters and as such will push themselves to extreme limits (in one particular case in Australia, to the point of collapse and then death) and you won't be able to tell in many cases as they don't tend to show it.
In my experience Malamutes have a better temperament (for me personally anyway) they seem a lot more laid back and friendly, like big derpy bears although apparently they have high prey drives which I've witnessed in my doggo - he goes fucking mental when he spots a fox or a squirrel, will get complete tunnel vision, and go galloping after them like a furry tank. I've been told they don't have much of a bark but can and will howl like wolves (my doggo does this at any high pitched sounds like door buzzers). Don't get a Mally if you're expecting a guard dog though they are pretty useless at that.
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>2159402
OP DO NOT GET A HUSKY.
My husky weight a 100 Pounds FIT AS FUCK, blue yes wolf pattern but with canine tails otherwise he would look like a woof. He's 1 year old got him as a puppy. He's a fucking beast HOLY SHIT. He loves to run. He pulls, run, knock shit all over. He kicks my mother (in joy) and knock her down many time. I spend a lot of time with him (no kids) and now I understand why so many of em end up in shelter. Thank god I have a big yard.

People with small yard are appartment fuckers or people who are not home a lot. You will eventually give this dog away and it will be killed at the shelter and you should feel bad cuss i fucking told you so, mark my word. Don't do it if you go no space, time or you a twink bottom.

Get a Yorkie or Lab or if you wanna be fancy get pug or eng bull or frenchie. At least you can man handle them or teach em accordingly plus those fucked up face dog cant breath they die running so you dont have to worry too much bout running him 5 miles a day.

Husky = Wolf.
>>
File: 1384121336870.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1384121336870.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
>>2159402
Should I get a Siberian husky or Alaskan malamute?
Neither, unless you enjoy going running for miles everyday and live in a cold climate.
Other wise it is cruelty.
>B-b-b-but muh cute wolf doggo who screams at me
No fuck you.
>>
>>2160737
I love playing with animals. I like animal interaction more than human actually. I also love hyper dogs because they always want to play.
>>
File: 1457152152694.jpg (250 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
1457152152694.jpg
250 KB, 1024x708
>>2160730
>or you a twink bottom
fucking kek
>>
>>2161361
Throwing a stick is not enough.
Strapping a sled along with a bunch of other huskies in Alaska and going sledding every day is.
>>
Malamutes are the best looking dog IMO, they are beautiful and majestic af.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.