[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got two questions to ask, but I'll start with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I've got two questions to ask, but I'll start with this; In my dirt driveway we always get this massive puddle that we wade through. It's normally a hot spot for frogs, but now I found a baby snapping turtle in it. I haven't seen these guys around, and there aren't any egg shells. Should I just leave this little guy be, or help them out?
>>
You could, and when he gets bigger, he'll leave on his own good time. Just make sure you don't drive through that puddle.
>>
>>2157635
*You could leave him
>>
Feed him little feeder fish it's cool as fuck to watch
>>
>>2157593
How can something so cute, grow to be so goddamn ugly.
Put him back, maybe 100 years from now he will still be here, while you're long gone.
>>
I've found many in dried up puddles that thought were dead.
Just find somewhere like a pond that won't dry up and put it there.
>>
>>2157635

>don't drive through the puddle
I'm able to drive around it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Anyway, onto the second question.

What the fuck are these things, and why were they in my dog's food? Thing is, I dump the food into a container that can hold three bags worth of food. It was convenient until I had to dump it all out.
>>
File: bite.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bite.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>2157593
Feed it human flesh, just to see what happens
>>
>>2157653

How long ago did you buy the food and did it come in one of those big paper sacks? That's a millipede (or at least that's what everyone I know calls them) and if your container seals properly then there were probably eggs in the bag you dumped into it
>>
>>2157641
Don't feed him goldfish or mollies/guppies. Those fish have some kind of chemical in them that can kill turtles.
>>
>>2157656

To me those don't look like true millipedes More like some sort of insect larvae. Could be wrong, I dunno.
>>
I would personally put him back. He seems to be doing okay.
>>
>>2157641
>>2157659
>feeder fish
>mollies/guppies
>goldfish
Look at the size of the fucking thing.
>>
>>2157659
guppies are good, goldfish are not
>>
>>2157659
>some kind of chemical
that sounds made up or like an old wives' tale
>>
>>2157715
Goldfish and rosy reds (and many other coldwater fish) are high in thiaminase. Eating too much of it causes viatmin B1 deficiency.
>>
>>2157653
>>2157656
>>2157664
Carpet beetle larva
I hate this things. Make sure you clean everything good OP because they can live off just about anything.
>>
>>2157726
That's more like it. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>2157593
That's one hell of an adorable little dinosaur you've got there, OP
>>
>>2157593
Has it bit you? How much damage can it do at that size? Just curious.
>>
Had one of these as a pet for 10 years. The really small ones tame easily.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.