[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice on changing new dog's diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: PURINA.jpg (74 KB, 1772x759) Image search: [Google]
PURINA.jpg
74 KB, 1772x759
Hello /a/, I'm adopting a new dog this week and just found out the current owners give him a mix of Purina and Iams canned dog food. I've never liked Purina and didn't know about this other one but the reviews online are awful.

I currently feed my dog with Acana (Canada) and not an issue with his diet since I got him, now, for this new one I'm not sure how to make the transition. It can be possible that combining Acana with the other two will result in horrible diarrhea for the doggo but switching right away to this new food without transition is usually not recommended.

Any advice?
>>
File: 47674._AC_SL1500_V1450300279_.jpg (208 KB, 1044x1500) Image search: [Google]
47674._AC_SL1500_V1450300279_.jpg
208 KB, 1044x1500
>>2157016
Some extra information. The dog is a Siberian Husky 6 months. Pic related is the other food they give him mixed with Purina.
>>
Do it over the course of a week or two. Do the old food with a tiny bit of new food, and each day put in more new food and less old food. do that really slowly until you are doing all new food.

If you are really absolutely opposed to the old food, you can do the same thing but with chiggens n rice. One of my rescues refused to eat the food she had at the shelter at home, so I had to do that.

Good luck. Slow and steady.
>>
Id just do a complete switch and slightly underfed the Acana for a couple of days and keep an eye on the poop. My puppy is on 5 and 2/3 cups a day so I just do 3 cups morning and 2 cups eyeballing 2/3 and he does get diahreah if Im a bit over.

I also underfeed by 2 cups once a week to give him a hard shit for his scent glands.
>>
>>2157030
>>2157170
Thanks you both, seems to be working with no accidents (Just a extra smelly turds)
>>
>>2158668

Yep, theyre fucking horriable but they dissapear on the lawn in the rain if I dont pick them up in time so must be healthy. They dont go rock hard like cereal based food.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.