[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone ID this snail for me? it looks a bit like the golden
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
can someone ID this snail for me? it looks a bit like the golden mystery snails, with the shell and body shape, but the colors are wrong. Is it just an... albino version, or something?
>>
File: 1451000015392.gif (2 MB, 441x329) Image search: [Google]
1451000015392.gif
2 MB, 441x329
>>2156575
>that gravel

jesus christ
>>
>>2156873
what's wrong with it?? is it too colorful or something? do you hate fun or is there something ACTUALLY wrong with it?
>>
File: 3 month old alligator gar.jpg (111 KB, 535x420) Image search: [Google]
3 month old alligator gar.jpg
111 KB, 535x420
>>2156928
It's ghetto and tacky.
Aquariums look classy with natural rocks, they look ghetto with wal-wart gravel and plastic plants.

Fish don't live in a world like that.
They feel calmer with black gravel.
Bright colors indicate poison in nature.
Light colors indicate shallow-water thus the fish live in fear of predation and lose their natural coloration.

Ever see feeder guppies? The gray ones that cost 99 cents per head? They are the same species as the colorful ones, only living a few generations in overcrowded stressful conditions.

You are literally cursing the fish's genes to be uggo for generations after.
Unless you keep only snails in the tank, then I applaud you for your unique aestetic.

And "Mystery snails" are a type of apple snail.
They have many color morphs. But their care is the same.

Feed algae
Feed flake
Decorate with ocean shells(to balance the ph, and prevent them from slowly melting in organic acid)

Add seashells to your tank, the platic plants will grow algae, and the bright gravel will encourage it too. (More light reflection = more algae)

Unless you do regular waterchanges, (twice a week) But your gravel and decoration choice tells us that you don't do that.

/an/ hates that gravel because it reminds us of our fish-torturing past, when we didn't know about the nitrogen cycle, or that cichlids would kill our goldfish, or that oscars get too big for a 30 gallon.

It reminds us of when we spent wellover 1000 dollars buying tacky "No fishing" signs, when the animals we bought could have been happy with a couple landscaping rocks, sticks from outside, and in your case seashells.

Seriously add seashells(crushed coral) to your tank.
Snails need the extra calcium, they accidentally shift the water ph to dissolving with their calcium consumption.
It'll reduce your fish stress too, and you probably keep fish from neutral ph locales (except neon tetras, you Might have them, and they will die with snail happiness, or vice versa)
>>
>>2156938
This should be a pasta.
I have never owned fish/aquarium, and know nothing about it. I thought your post was very informative.
>>
File: 1465363830500.png (78 KB, 399x240) Image search: [Google]
1465363830500.png
78 KB, 399x240
>>2156938
>hey this Axolotl thing looks awesome
>it'll be a great friend for my Oscar!

why must bad memories cause pain
>>
>>2156938
Hey doctor snail, got a question.

Recently, whenever my snail poops it gets caught in the snails slime and it usually attaches itself to the shell or something and just hangs there. Is this cause for concern? How to prevent?
>>
>>2156967
>this bullfrog tadpole is huge and cool
>it will look great swimming around in my turtles pool

RIP
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.