[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/ need some dog people in here. I live with 3 dogs. My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: dog.jpg (68 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
68 KB, 1600x1067
Hey /an/ need some dog people in here.

I live with 3 dogs. My dog, the lab mix, barks to get the other dogs attention when the three of them play outside. If the two other dogs are playing with each other and not including him. He will bark. The only time he does not bark is when he is being chased by the other two. The barking only happens when they are running around. I'm pretty sure he's just barking to get there attention so he can be chased. I have no fucking clue how to fix this.

He's overall a quite dog. Other than this issue, he barks at visitors a little bit.

Pic of idiot dog.
>>
The barking at strangers you can probably correct, but I doubt there's much to be done about playtime barking. Why do you want to stop it? Shouldn't be a problem if it's only during playtime
>>
>>2155187
More or less my current living situation, which should change in a couple months. One neighbor is close to the house, but I live with my brother and he gets aggravated when he does it.
>>
>>2155274
Your brother is a moron, slap that bitch.
>>
>>2155295
>Not wanting to hear dogs barking at all hours makes a person a moron.
I've seriously contemplated throwing antifreeze soaked steaks into neighbor's yards because of barking dogs.

Dogs that bark incessantly are terrible.
>>
>>2155300
OP never said his dog barks all the time. Re-read his message, maybe.
>>
put him down.
>>
>>2155307
Yeah it's not all the time. If I don't intervene, he will just keep barking until he's in the limelight again. I can understand my brothers point of view, since the neighbor is close enough. I know that I can just bring him out when there is only one dog out there or alone, but I'd like to fix the situation. I just don't know where to start since it's a high distraction environment.
>>
Leash the problem dog, let them loose in the play area. When the dog barks, grab his leash and remove him until he calms down. Repeat until he understands barking = no play time. When he chooses not to bark, praise and encourage play with a fun toy. Until he gets this, don't let him out unattended with the other dogs.
>>
He just wanted some attention and be part of the family that's all
>>
why do you want him to stop? let him be a good doggo dog
>>
Hai anon.

If you keep toys around the house, find a toy that dog likes and whenever he barks shove it in his mouth. If its a squeaky toy, squeak it and then walk away from the dogs playing and then shove it into your puppy's mouth. This also works by being reinforced with treats. Guide him away with a treat and reward when he follows. Since barking is self-reinforcing you have to stop it just before it starts or early in the process. If you can lead the dog away with something he likes it'll associate walking away from the craziness of play and calming down when not being played with as a good thing. The toy route will also teach the dog that there are other ways to redirect that playful energy even when dogs are available. It works on the same principle as redirect aggression, how dogs will sometimes attack whatever is near them when they can't get to something that is pissing them off. Your dog can also learn to redirect playful energy into toys when it can't channel that play into whatever is making him excited.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.