[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which way is the best way to get a puppy that isn't inbred
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 380x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 380x387
Which way is the best way to get a puppy that isn't inbred to the point of health problems?
>>
File: woof woof hi anon.jpg (262 KB, 938x1007) Image search: [Google]
woof woof hi anon.jpg
262 KB, 938x1007
>>2154312
Buy from a good breeder, ignore the muttfags.

As long as you're willing to do some research and travel a bit to inspect sites and meet the parents you should have no issue finding a good puppy. Pic related, my pupper.
>>
>>2154317
What should I ask the breeder?
>>
>>2154317
And pay a lot of money.

>>2154320
Things like what they do with their dogs (agility, obedience, tracking, it does not have to be confirmation shows but they should do something), what are they breeding for (good breeders will have a goal in mind, but also keep in mind that not all goals are good), what health issues the breed has, what health tests the parents and grandparents have and the results, and if they are done yearly. Ask about their return policy and what would happen should you find yourself in a position where you can't care for the dog. Ask to see the contract and read that over. Ask about how often they breed the bitch, how old she is, how old the stud is. And obviously ask about the puppy's care; they should be indoors, they should be seen by a vet before you even get to them, they should have distemper vaccines and dewormer and flea meds before you have them. They shouldn't leave the mom before 8 weeks, some breeders keep them longer.

Don't feel weird about asking too many questions because they should be giving you the third degree too
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.