[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumping Spiders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 1280x828) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 1280x828
Why are they so based?
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 270x187
They are pretty neat aren't they
>>
File: tumblr_ms9dsf1wwE1r4nd19o1_500.gif (785 KB, 454x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms9dsf1wwE1r4nd19o1_500.gif
785 KB, 454x360
>>
>the only cute spider
>>
File: heyHEYhey.gif (498 KB, 300x160) Image search: [Google]
heyHEYhey.gif
498 KB, 300x160
>>2152412
>>
>>2152412
had one on my desk. Would crawl up on pencil case near screen and if I moved the mouse over there and wiggled it the spider would jump at screen. Did it three times before giving up. Think it flipped me off when it left.
>>
Because your brain is hard wired to like fuzzy things with disproportionally big eyes. All spiders are pretty amazing but jumping spiders get all the hype. It helps that their mating signals are often visual which makes them seem more charismatic to us, when all spiders probably have similarly complex vibrational or auditory behavior that we never notice.
>>
File: AMaGAiX.jpg (105 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
AMaGAiX.jpg
105 KB, 1600x1067
>>2152593
Aren't jumping spiders the latest genera of spiders?

And Portia spiders considered to be the smartest among the insects.

>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Portia is a genus of jumping spider that feeds on other spiders (araneophagic). They are remarkable for their intelligent hunting behaviour, which suggests that they are capable of learning and problem solving, traits normally attributed to much larger animals.
>>
>>2152593
Personally I think orb weavers are the cutest.
>dose big fat abdomens with the different colors
>dose nice comfy webs they chill in all day
>dose teeny tiny cutie twink boyfriends who an hero for the sake of their children

Truly, they are a remarkable group of species. Whenever I find one in my vegetable garden I do my best to leave the web alone for as long as possible.

But eventually I have to move them to harvest my tomatoes. But I try to be as gentle as possible and always stick them in the trees growing in the abandoned lots nearby. So the sweethearts don't fry in the sun.

They are the chillest motherfuckers on the face of the planet. They never freak out when my giant ass stick wrecks their home.

I will never understand why people freak out and squish any spider they see before confirming whether or not it is a dangerous species. And I regularly find huge ass black widows in my garage.
>>
File: 22251325468_788b1f1c8e_k.jpg (1 MB, 1638x2048) Image search: [Google]
22251325468_788b1f1c8e_k.jpg
1 MB, 1638x2048
>>2152660
Don't forget the tiny goofy eyes.
>>
>>2152610
>Insects

Motherfucker, I know you did not just say that!
>>
>>2152660
My spider squishing goes by a highly arbitrary metric of size and location and spooky appearance. Harvestmen are safe. Jumping spiders always safe although i don't get those often. Very small ones okay. Those large brown ones dead immediately as they are not cute and they are invariably hanging out near my toothbrush in the bathroom.
>>
>>2152660
>>2152907
I had to squish about a dozen or so writing spiders which had taken over my back porch

They make pretty neat webs but goddamn the motherfuckers made it impossible to move around without walking into a web
>>
>>2152526
all spiders are cute
>>
File: 5kThkTC.gif (2 MB, 280x173) Image search: [Google]
5kThkTC.gif
2 MB, 280x173
This thread convinced me to collect jumping spiders.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.