[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win in a fight between a Gorilla and a Lion.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: Lion_vs_gorilla[1].jpg (116 KB, 969x589) Image search: [Google]
Lion_vs_gorilla[1].jpg
116 KB, 969x589
Who would win in a fight between a Gorilla and a Lion.
>>
gorilla has big tough hands
lion has teeth and claws
lion bite one hand
but gorilla have other hand
gorilla beat lion to death with free hand
>>
brown recluse.
>>
Whoever wins, we lose.
>>
Gorillas are Animals of Peace. So the lion would obviously win.
>>
I mean unless it's donkey kong, gorilla stands no chance a lion weighs more and grabs and holds its opponent whether is prey, a hyena or another lion, gorillas try to throw a few swings before backing off
>>
space gorilla all the way
>>
>>2151660
They weight about the same and a gorilla has the muscle to break a lions bones fairly easily, so even if a lion gets a good grip on the gorilla it's only a matter of time for the gorilla to struggle so hard that the lion breaks
>>
File: 1451293087963.jpg (56 KB, 380x303) Image search: [Google]
1451293087963.jpg
56 KB, 380x303
>>2151608
Leopards regularly eat gorillas and they're half the size of a lion.
>>
In everyone one of these threads, there's a dozen people that have never actually researched how strong a gorilla is.

Hint: Not nearly as strong as you're implying.
>>
>>2151721
This is false information
>>
>>2151608
I do know that during the gold rush people use to make bears fight lions and that lions lost 100% of the time. Lion are fierce but have very thin skulls so the bear just had to swat it and lion was brain dead with crushed skull. I imagine it would be the same with a gorilla.

What would be interesting is since they are from different habitats they might not know how to fight each other.

But we all know that Trump would beat them both.
>>
>>2151608
mankind
cuz fuck both of them
>>
>>2151894
>I do know that during the gold rush people use to make bears fight lions and that lions lost 100% of the time.
it only happened once. With a runt of a lion.

the difference between the bear and the gorilla is the bear is an apex predator known for its aggression while the gorilla is a prey known for running first and only fighting if cornered.
>>
>>2151891
It takes about two seconds to see that gorillas are preyed upon by leopards, and almost five seconds to find a book discussing how male gorillas interact with leopards including getting eaten by them.
>>
>>2151938
Good to know. It's true that gorillas are pretty chill.
>>
File: Call_This_Bait.jpg (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
Call_This_Bait.jpg
63 KB, 625x626
>>2151940
>>
>>2151608
Okay, male gorilla can weigh up to about 400lbs
Male Lion gets to about 510lbs

That would be almost clear on the winner. But you also have to factor in, the leverage the gorilla has. The gorilla being able to stand tall and also use its arms to grab and manipulate objects gives it a very large advantage. The lion has 4 or 5 weapons if you count teeth. but 4 are stuck to the ground unless the lion decides to lay on its back which would pretty much make it lose any leverage it would have.

Also those of you that believes a lion would choose to fight a large animal just because its a "predator" is retarded. The lion would actually be more likely to run away before the gorilla since gorillas will defend territory regardless if food is present. Lions will only stand and fight against other lions and over food. They prefer to not to risk being injured if theres nothing to gain.

So I must give it to the gorilla, only for its very subtle, but real advantages.
>>
>>2152002
>About six months later, on February 14, 1961, attracted by unusual excitement
among a number of birds, Reuben and his men found the body of another male
gorilla, apparently killed by a leopard only a short while before. ...

http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/pdfplus/10.1086/200240

google scholar has about a thousand citations for the fact that leopards kill and eat adult male gorillas.
>>
File: image.gif (1016 KB, 320x191) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1016 KB, 320x191
>>2151940
>Look it up on google
>find no real source
The idea of a leopard hunting something so out of its league is preposterous, you don't see mountain lions hunting bears do you? However you do see them intimidating them and the same goes for leopards and gorillas. Gorillas generally don't like to really fight
>>
>>2152066
Yeah, comparing a leopards to lions is pretty retarded. Leopards are much more cunning and intelligent than lions. They also solely rely on themselves to provide for themselves. Lions are just big and stupid that use numbers and weight to win. Leopards use technical hunting strategies that can change on the fly due to the experience if the cat. Actually its said that there are more Leopards than lions in the wild but they are observed less than half the amount in hours. So its more believable that a skilled hunter in the right conditions could hunt and kill a large creature like a gorilla. Which it nore than likely went after smaller weaker ones not the big male. This is not about Leopards nor a perfect hunting situation. Its about two animals being put together under the proper circumstances so that they fight till one flees or dies.
>>
>>2152086
I wasn't comparing a leopard to a lion, I was backing up another anon's claim that leopards regularly kill and eat gorillas.

something I seriously shouldn't have to do since it takes about two seconds to answer that question on google.

we do have a retard on this board that doesn't know how to search the internet though. Hell if I know how he even figured out how to get online, maybe his mommy helps him.
>>
>>2152086
tl,dr

if you don't even know that leopards prey on gorillas I seriously doubt you know anything about lions or leopards either.

stop talking out your ass, fool.
>>
>>2152076
you're an idiot.
here ya go.
>>2152066
>>
Go watch two gorillas fighting then go watch two male lions fighting, a gorilla couldn't stand up to the swats from a lions massive paws with two inch claws, that's not even factoring in the lions teeth
>>
>>2151608
better question would be in case of stalemate how would the judges rule?
>>
If leopards can kill gorillas than explain Tarzan? Check mate.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 804x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 804x617
>>2152113
You want to talk about teeth?
>>
>>2152066
>>2152112
>using information from the 1960s
Yeah ok.
>>
>>2152367
>thinking leopards have stopped eating gorillas since the 1960's
good luck with that.
>>
>>2152066
maybe that only proves leopards are better hunters than lions then
>>
>>2152700
maybe.

I'm not sure how you'd quantify that though since both are clearly capable of hunting enough food to keep themselves alive.
>>
>>2152703
Leopards have the skillz to pay tha billz
>>
>>2152344
Do gorillas have experience using their massive bite force on other animals? Perhaps they just use it on plants etc and just don't instinctively know to use it on predators because they are not inherently aggressive and have not had frequent hunting experience?
>>
>>2152714
Probably. Just cus we havent seen it doesnt mean it hasnt happened. And in fantasy fight land, all animals are probably aware of their skills.
>>
well gorillas are vegetarians (I think) and felines are brutal carnivores. I'd put my money on the lion.
>>
Benti vs. Cecil
>>
https://youtu.be/rr4hn11v8bI
>>
>>2151608
Gorillas are not predators
They don't have the killer instincts that lions do and they are not built to kill

Lions are built for the sole purpose of killing and would win everytime
>>
>>2152374
Naturalists thought ostriches buried their heads in the sand in the 60's
>"durr bdurr so otriches all just stopped burrying their heads in the sand in the 1960s???"
>>
>>2154150
>Naturalists thought ostriches buried their heads in the sand in the 60's
But they never believed that you cocksucker.
>>
>>2154150
>Naturalists thought ostriches buried their heads in the sand in the 60's
the 1760's maybe
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.