[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are short legged cats and dogs such as munchkins, dashunds, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
Are short legged cats and dogs such as munchkins, dashunds, and corgis healthy? Or are they inherently unhealthy? If they are unhealthy is breeding them similarly abusive to Scottish folds and severely brachycephalic breeds? I know that their short legs make physical activity harder so that could cause obesity and depression, and that they sometimes have spinal problems, but is it bad enough to call the breeding of them abusive?
>>
>>2151548
yes

i know corgis and doxxies are more prone to slipped discs and hip problems but many breeds of dogs are prone to hip problems

corgis in general are very healthy and their short legs are due to a naturally occurring mutation rather than something that breeders have bred for

same goes with munchkins and doxxies
>>
>>2151551
forgot to mention that yes, corgis and doxxies are more prone to obesity but it's very preventative/treatable. corgis are generally very healthy breeds. i'm not too familiar with doxxies. i just know they're stupid and adorable.
>>
>Obesity and depression
>Depression
>In a god damn cat
>>
>>2151548
>munchkins
Fairly unhealthy for a cat breed, but most cat breeds are fucking healthy as hell. Munchkins don't have too much of a hampered QOL. It definitely isn't cruelty breeding.

>doxies and corgis
Corgis are healthy as fuck. Doxies have their share of issues (related to their spine, yes). However you cut it, both are two of the longest living dog breeds you can get.

All and all, there are way, WAY better examples of cruelty breeding than dachshunds, corgis, and munchkins.
>>
File: 1219527.jpg (31 KB, 475x320) Image search: [Google]
1219527.jpg
31 KB, 475x320
>>2151554
liek dis
>>
My dachshund jumps off of window sills all the time. We feed her acana so she stays lean however.
>>
>>2151583
post pics
>>
File: 4567543567865456.jpg (304 KB, 7144x328) Image search: [Google]
4567543567865456.jpg
304 KB, 7144x328
>>2151624
like this?
>>
>>2151781
Is that real or photoshopped?
>>
>>2151843
yes
>>
>>2151548
>>2151554

It's not really down to "abusive" or "not abusive." It's not yes/no; something can be a little bit bad, or a little risky but still worth doing.

Short-legged breeds aren't "inherently unhealthy." Many of them are perfectly healthy; in general they are at higher risks of certain health problems, and lower risks of others.

Personally, I always go for mutts because they tend to be healthy and always need homes. But it's not like someone who gets a breed is doing something wrong.
>>
>>2151554
Pugs are the cruelest breeds

All of the fuckers have genetic jaw and respiratory issues ;_;
>>
>>2151553
>animals don't have feelings
HURRRRRRF
>>
>>2152009
>animals have feelings
HURFFFFFFF
>>
>>2152010
I saw a group of feral cats sitting around the body of a dead kitten once, forming a perfect circle. Explain this without cats having feelings.
>>
>>2152012
>Explain this without cats having feelings.
it's called anthropomorphisation.
>>
>>2152012
I agree that cats have feelings, but carnivores and scavengers have plenty of reasons to sit around meat.
>>
>>2152010
You can put back on your trip buggy. We know it's you.
>>
>>2152009
>Implying you could ever diagnose a cat with depression clinically or other wise.
>Implying you're not just projecting your own feelings upon animals.
HURRRRRRRF
>>
>>2152046
>>2151553

Cats and dogs can be diagnosed with depression or anxiety, and veterinarians even prescribe antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills to them
>>
>>2152023
Cats do not normally eat other cats. It's the same problem with cannibalism in just about every species. You can get diseases if what you are eating suffered from any before it died. Since it's eating the same species as itself, any diseases the meat carries will infect the cat. It's why humans eat fish raw but not other meats, since fish carry very few diseases that we can catch
>>
>>2152793
>Cats do not normally eat other cats
1. they'll do it
2. they've got to go to look to decide whether that's food or not
>>
>>2151843
real
>>
>>2151552
I fucking hate dachsunds
>>
Is it true if you breed a Munchkin with a Munchkin cat that the litter might not have any Munchkin kittens.
>>
>>2152918
I fucking hate all of the meme breeds, not the breeds themselves but they tend to be high patience and popular among retards.

I have never met a chihuahua that wasn't an aggressive little cunt.
>>
>>2152918
>>2152926
Why is that? Redpill me on Dachshunds.
>>
>>2152932
They are called Dachshund (singular) or Dachshunde (plural). There is no plural S in German.
>>
>>2152937
Alright, I'll know that.

But what's bad about Dachshunde as a breed?
>>
>>2152945
You have to start the training very early, as they are overly confident (read little bitches) that will attack, or bark at, bigger dogs and humans. So improperly trained Dachshunde are annoying.
>>
>>2152946
Oh yeah, I had the misfortune of having to take a poorly trained Dachshund on walks and the fucker barked at everything, literally everything. It even barked at moving cars and especially humans on bicycles. But at home it was a very nice doggo.
>>
>>2152946
those are characteristics of hound breeds

any improperly trained dog is annoying
>>
>>2152952
Point taken, still think Dachshunde excel at being annoying.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.