[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are chinchillas worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: chinchilla-12.jpg (25 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
chinchilla-12.jpg
25 KB, 350x350
are chinchillas worth it?
>>
Not really.
>>
Get a rat instead. Rats are smarter and you only will have to take care of it for less than 4 years instead of 15
>>
>>2151537

This or even a pair of ferrets if you have the time to do their two hours of exercise time per day.
>>
If you want a chilean rodent, a vizcacha is a nice choice.

They're friendly and critically endangered, and extremely qt.
>>
Nope

Bunnies are 200% nicer
>>
They're dumber than a sack of bricks. One of the dumbest rodents in existence. You can't teach them anything.

They have no control of their bowels either. Enjoy little pooplets everywhere. Easy to clean up, but it's still everywhere.

I second what >>2151537 says. Get a few rats instead. Smarter and more affectionate. The shortened lifespan is a double-edged sword though.
>>
File: 1448701480887.jpg (84 KB, 500x526) Image search: [Google]
1448701480887.jpg
84 KB, 500x526
Pretty much a bad rabbit.
Get a rabbit.
>>
I had one for four months or so, ended up selling her because she was no fun. She did not want to interact with me, only was excited when I gave her a dust bath or a raisin, really not that good of a pet in my opinon. They are very expensive so I would say not worth it for the price, I'd go with rats instead
>>
currently taking care of my gf's chinchilla, thing is cute as fuck, but 100% nightmare. 2/10 wouldn't recommend
>>
>>2151501
No. Just buy a rabbit and put some chinchilla seasoning in with the flour before you pan fry it.
>>
Yeah, you can make a nice coat when you're done with them.
>>
>>2153982
really that expensive? standards are like 60 and the most expensives like 150 (shit tier color) over here.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.