[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this and why am I seeing so many as of late? For reference,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (540 KB, 1021x1289) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
540 KB, 1021x1289
What is this and why am I seeing so many as of late?

For reference, I live in central Minnesota.
>>
>>2150881
Some kind of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armadillidium_vulgare
maybe.
>>
>>2150881
I'll take really hard questions for $400 Alex.
>I've been seei-
What is a potato bug?
>>
>>2150886
It's a wood louse you fucking donut
>>
>>2150887
>>2150886
>not recognizing a fucking rolly-poly when you see one
>>
>>2150886
pill bug you idiot
>>
>>2150881
>>2150890
>>2150895
its a trilobyte you fucking nogs
>>
>>2150881
Central where? I've never seen any of these in St. Paul. Just a fuckton of hares.
>>
>>2150890
This. Also known as pill bugs.
They're the only dry land variety of crustacean. They do require a moist environment near by and they eat dead plants and insects. They're harmless.
>>
>>2151112
>They're the only dry land variety of crustacean
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Terrestrial_crustaceans
>>
>>2150881
>What is this and why am I seeing so many as of late?
I suppose this is your first time going outside.
>>
>>2150938
Yeah St Cloud has had like zero of them around as far as I've noticed. I'm curious where OP is trying to claim he's seen so many.
>>
>>2150881
Oniscus asellus.
>>
>>2150881
Walking around in the open during daylight? I don't have the creepy gif handy, but they might be infected with a horsehair worm.
>>
>>2150881
Rolly Polly

Tell us more about what it was like growing up under a rock.
>>
>>2150886
It's a Pit Bull Terrier you moron.
>>
>calling it a rolly polly
>its obviously not one of the ones that rolly polly up
if it can't fucking rolly polly that it's not a rolly polly
>>
Anyone keep isopods as pets?

I have a colony of Porcellio scaber and Armadillidium vulgare I caught in my backyard.
>>
This is actually a very disgusting tick.

They are known as "rolly polly" as the only way to get them out of your skin is to slightly roll them back and forth before you pull them out.

Be careful though. They are also known as "pill bugs" as their toxin is extreme toxic and you must take the anti-toxin immediately after. It only comes in pill form and are suppositories. Their toxins go straight to the hemorrhoids and this is the quickest method.

careful anon. Their cousin, the rolly-reclusey is at just as deadly.
>>
>>2150881
Slater
>>
They are rolly pollies, but they can't roll up so good.
>>
>>2151494
theres a bunch in my terrarium, like a self sustaining population, been there for years now. didn't even pit them in there intentionally.
>>
>>2150890
>>2151112
Rolly-poly is more round and can roll into a ball. This is a woodlouse, they are flatter and can't roll into a ball.
>>
>>2150881
Definitely a brown recluse
>>
>>2151117
I think he means crustacean that lives in the middle of forests usually not near body of waters
>>
File: image.jpg (560 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
560 KB, 800x600
>>2150881
That is a pill bug

Pic related is a roly-poly
>>
>>2150938
>>2151147
Go look under a rock in your yard or at a park. Has to be large though. Often found under pots that haven't moved in a long time
>>
>>2150881
It's a bed bug
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.