[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>So anon, what made you give your pet that name?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10
>>
Well, she's a reptile and kind of a bitch.
Cuntasaur just seemed fitting.
>>
He was black,
so I called him Blacky.
>>
It was the name the rescue groups gave them. I only rescue animals, and it is my tradition to keep the names they got.

Adopt, don't shop, bbqgrill
>>
I named my cat Vivian because Vivi was adorable in FF9, and I figured it would be a cute nickname. She sort of reminds me of a black mage with her dark fur and bright eyes.

I named my bunny Echo because when he wants something, he's loud as shit, and it echoes throughout the house.
>>
>>2150224
>my new puppies name is Martin, from Martin Luther King.
>oh, did you name him that because he was born on MLK day?
>no, because he's black like a nigger.
>where are you going?
>>
'I appreciate the deeds these people have done for humanity'

most of my pets are named after obersturmführers.
>>
>>2150224
She came with the name, I didn't mind it and was too lazy to come up with a new name, so it stuck.
>>
I named her JoJo, after this anime/manga series, "JoJo's Bizzare Adventure"
>>
what name? didnt I just tell you I dont name my pets? If I didnt, well I just did.
>>
>>2150224
i call him loki cause he's mischievous and i really love superheroes and comics even though i've never picked up a comic book in my life and only follow the film franchise
>>
File: CAM00073.jpg (979 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00073.jpg
979 KB, 2048x1536
We really like Star Trek.
>>
File: 5.jpg (90 KB, 449x449) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
90 KB, 449x449
>>2150224
I named him nigger because I hate niggers.
>>
>>2150391
It was niggerman.
>>
File: darksouls1.jpg (57 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
darksouls1.jpg
57 KB, 1024x576
He's huge, strong, loving, loyal, and wants to he friends with everyone.
>>
>>2150335
Alex?
>>
>>2150413
john?
>>
>>2150224
my wife
>>
My nephew named her with some guidance after his favorite show, Kipper the Dog.
>>
Named my gerbils Hansel and Gretel because I lost them when they were younger and I caught them by leaving a trail of seed out to catch them. It worked.
>>
>>2150228
>he thinks Dinosaurs are reptiles

lol
>>
My dad was high and named her after a DuckTales character
>>
>>2151585

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=reptile+classification
>>
>>2151585

-saur
combining form
suffix: -saur
forming names of reptiles, especially extinct ones.
"ichthyosaur"

Just because your hubris continues to disgust me.
>>
I named him Chunk because he is a massive, fatass chunk of meat.
>>
>>2150224
Cuntdestroyer
Why don't you come on home with me and I will show you?
>>
>>2151594
Is this bait? Dinosaurs were given the -Saur suffix when people thought they were cold blooded and dragged their tails. Don't be this retarded. Furthermore the difference between Reptiles then and Reptiles now is similar to the difference between Republicans now and Republicans in 1950. The comparison being that what qualifies you to be labeled as such is different for the time period.
>>
>>2151629
he's right, you're wrong.

dinosaurs are still considered reptiles, though some paleontologists will cut them off where they evolved warm blood while others just include all dinosaurs and birds as reptiles.

not all dinosaurs were warm blooded. That's something they evolved part way in, unless you want to pretend they suddenly evolved warm blood the same day they sprouted a perforate acetabulum and synsacrum.

which would be a very silly thing to think.
>>
>>2151629
>Although the word dinosaur literally means "terrible lizard", the name is somewhat an etymological misnomer and misleading, being that even though dinosaurs represent a separate group of reptiles, they are not lizards, nor are they descended from the lizard group of reptiles. Instead, dinosaurs, like many extinct forms of reptile sub-groups, did not exhibit characteristics which were traditionally regarded as reptilian, such as a sprawling limb posture or ectothermy (colloquially referred to as "cold-bloodedness").
>>
>>2150224

I can't tell you that, or my wife would kill me. Ain't that right, girl?
>>
my mum named it before I got the chance. now she's calling my scorpion prawny. send help
>>
Because someone got dibs on 4chan.
>>
My grandma hates gypsies and in Ireland an ethnic slur for gypsies is to call them tinkers.
Some Tinkers were camping near by my grandmas house and she would go on and on about the Tinkers.
I was five at the time and thought Tinker would be a nice name for a cat.
Shes 17 now and lost a back leg, I think she lives up to the name.
>>
>>2150224
Leona, because her coat around her neck was like a female lion
>>
>>2150413
HI, I'm Alex. What state? And what's the first letter if least name?
>>
>>2150224
I named her after that youtube video of the iguana, Mr. Wizard
>>
I asked /an/ and so my cat is now named Cumfart (Biscuit if he's been naughty).
>>
Eos and Helios after the Ludibrium towers in Maplestory. Lovely names for my pair of birds.
>>
I love the Simpsons, so we gave our Basset Hound the name Maggie
>>
We call him Charlie, but it's short for Charlemagne.
We also call him Carolus, Carolus Magnus, Karl Grosse, and Fat Carl from time to time.
>>
I named him Taz, because Taz is best Looney Tunes character
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 640x813) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 640x813
her name's gypsy cuz gypsy rose lee...
>>
I got my cat and I wanted it's name tied to my then best friends cat name wise. Their cat was Tiberius and mine is Nero.
>>
It was raining and this kitten was all alone in my grandmothers backyard, which was super rural. I was like 7 at the time so I didn't know better, i picked her up and rocked her back and forth singing "Sunshine, you are my sunshine" a lot.

So when we took her home, it was decided. That cat was named Sunshine.
>>
I named him Tora because I miss that tiger/rabbit.

;__;
>>
File: wishbone.jpg (250 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
wishbone.jpg
250 KB, 600x600
[zalgo]spot[zalgo]
>>
Nobody else wanted him, so I named him Gary Johnson :(
>>
>>2154516
Texas
A
>>
I wanted a <blank> & <blank> type name. I named my twin kittens Pickleby and Pumparumb after the crows from Dark Souls III.
>>
The shelter named her
>>
File: larryloaf.jpg (185 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
larryloaf.jpg
185 KB, 640x1136
my cat is named larry because i wanted to call him that
>>
File: 1076.png (56 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1076.png
56 KB, 500x405
>>2150224
>tfw named my guinea pig the same way as one of my kindergarden classmates because "both were fat"
>was only 3-4 when I thought of that
Otherwise, my cats: Mia, because I thought it sounded cute while having some class, and Misty, just because I though it's cute
>>
>>2150224
"I made a thread on /b/ saying 69 names my cat. And that's the story of how Mr. Fuckface Cockslobber came to be. Can I see your vagina?"
>>
The shelter named her and I thought it was nice.
>>
>>2156897
My fiances first cats official name was Niggardly Niggerton The Nigger Cat, thanks to /b/. We ended up calling her boxy.
>>
>>2156249
cutie
>>
>>2153471
FOOKIN PRAWN
>>
It's an internet thing, you wouldn't understand.
>>
File: doge.jpg (1022 KB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
1022 KB, 2880x1800
>>2157360
>pic related
>>
well Yoshihiro Von Cat was too long, so I started calling her "cat"
>>
>>2151585
>impying it's not a Pokemon reference
>>
She was a cat, so I call her cat.

The other cat was chubby, so I call her fat cat.
>>
>>2150224
His name is Hendrix because Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix came on in the car while we were taking him home. He loved it.
>>
I'm a plant biologist, so I named her Rubisco, and call her Ruby for short.
>>
File: bagheera.jpg (6 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
bagheera.jpg
6 KB, 297x170
>>2150224
>Noob
Mom's boyfriend at the time thought of the name (he played WoW all the time). I was fortunate enough to know what it meant since I played Runescape for some time. Thought it was hilarious. Noob doesn't mind the name. But if he wasn't such a Noob I would probably call him some Latin phrase or term for black, dark, or mysterious if it fit well. He's more of a 'Bagheera' to be quite honest.
>>
Bean, because the pads of his fuzzy toes looked like coffee beans.
>>
>>2159107
Grow up
>>
>oso
black bears are cool
>>
'Bones Jones' because she liked to climb under my bed and came out covered in dust. Dusty old bones full of green dust.

'Gizmo' because he was a scruffy, bald little gremlin.
'Eggs Benedict' and 'Vasiliy' because I just didn't give a shit.
'Smoked Salmon' because I intend to breed her to Eggy Ben to restart my old silky line.

Salmon and Ben's pups will likely follow a 'breakfast foods' theme.
>>
>>2159107

>nigrum
>tenebris
>arcanus

None of those would make you seem like anything besides an edgelord.
>>
>>2150224
The a guess why I named my cat kitty.
>>
>>2150224
it was halloween and she was a black kitten
what was i supposed to call her, not witchy?
>>
>>2150224
She came with that name from the shelter
>>
>>2150391
did he actually call his cat that or are you just referencing the Rats in the Wall?
>>
I heard once that when they were deciding what "hamsters" should be called, one of the top contenders was the german word for dog food. I thought that was funny, so I always name my hamsters after food, like Pancake and Apricot.
>>
Well, Serkan is the lich master in a game I use to play and there is this meme "Serkan is my girl" so I decided to name my cats Serkan since they are my girls.
>>
>>2159091
>plant biologist
so a botanist you fucking dork
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.