[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pet Recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1340642900678.jpg (125 KB, 701x480) Image search: [Google]
1340642900678.jpg
125 KB, 701x480
I need a pet to help with my depression and crushing loneliness.

My family is agaisnt having pets because they make the house smell awful and they leave hair everywhere.

I just want something to cuddle with and occupy my time when I'm home but I don't want to find vomit on my bed everyday after work.
>>
Take a look through this thread anon
>>2142573

A pet isnt going to magically make you happy its a living animal that will depend 100% on you, why would you do that when you cant even help yourself.
>>
>something to cuddle with and occupy my time when I'm home
Rabbits are good pets.
>>
>>2149652
Whenever things start getting better someone always brings me down. People look for the smallest reasons to attack me and now I'm alone.

Having a pet companion to take care of and bond with seemed like a good idea.
I'm not helpless, I'm just trapped and doing my best to keep going.
>>
>>2149654
Are they friendly? Will my room smell like rabbit poop within a year?

The thing I dislike is going to someone's house and the house smelling like cat or dog and not being able to sit because hair is literally on everything.
>>
>>2149656
>Are they friendly?
Yes.
>Will my room smell like rabbit poop within a year?
Hell yes.
>>
bird
>>
>has depression and crushing loneliness
>wants a pet that can cuddle and be affectionate
>wants a pet that doesn't have fur, doesn't smell, doesn't defecate, urinate, or vomit

I cannot see this working
>>
>>2149655

What are you going to do if it's not as affectionate as you want? If it likes someone else more? If it needs more love than you're prepared to give?
>>
>>2149650
Don't buy a pet if you're not mentally well bro. Work on yourself before taking on such a responsibility
>>
Animals that ate snuggly are generally furry or feathery. But also messy.

Animals that are low maintenance and low smell -reptiles- don't in to prolonged or frequent snuggles. You can hold a gecko or snake for short 15 minute periods about three times a week. How amenable they are to it depends on species. Like bearded dragons and ball pythons are usually very relaxed; geckos and colubrid snakes always want to move around.

Then there are amphibians and fish, no holding (or minimal in the case of frogs) recommended.
>>
>>2149650

DO NOT GET A PET IF YOUR FAMILY DOESN'T WANT IT OR YOU DON'T LIKE MESS.

/fucking thread

Go volunteer at a rescue place with dogs. You'll make friends and spend time with dogs.
>>
I would recommend fish, even though you can't handle or touch them at all, there is some therapeutic properties in watching them swim around, school, forage, and do shit since they're always moving; even more so if the tank setup is very aesthetically appealing and provides many places for them to explore.

Maintenance can be a drag with filter cleaning, water changes and shit and the only real mess to watch out for is if you fuck up and spill water everywhere but also gives you something to do, which in the long run is extremely minimal in upkeep than compared furry pets and such.

As long as you get a good or decent setup and fish that don't get fuck huge, overstock, or require super specific are requirements, all you have to do is feed them, change their water like one day a week, and clean their shit once in a while before it fucks up the water. There's a lot of fish that are practically retardproof when you actually take the time to give a shit about them
>>
>>2149650
>My family is agaisnt having pets because they make the house smell awful and they leave hair everywhere.

That's dumb. Your family is dumb.
>>
>>2149753

Although I don't like people /threading their own post, this anon makes a good point: volunteer to help animals who live way shittier lives than you do, OP.
>>
>>2149650
Rats dude. Rats playing with your hand will melt your heart.
Get an albino male unneutered 1.5 years old in petco (not fucking petsmart) and buddy up with him all day.
Sometimes maddening cage cleaning but really takes the depression away when you realize the rat has the same exact habits as you and you don't have to change shit to live with him. Maybe just make spaghetti a couple times a week.

It really helps your eating habits and health because you're making sure the rat is 100% happy constantly. Highly recommend.
I would never consider another animal. I dream about the next rat I get to accompany into the most stylish life possible.
>>
Honestly.....a cute plushie would be great for you.....everything alive is work, makes smells, and makes messes....pets are not a cure all and you shouldn't get one if you don't want to deal with the unpleasant aspects of pet ownership
>>
>>2149753
THIS! We have several volunteers that just come in to play with the cat. Make your untentions clear from the beginning and there will be no problems at all! If you don't, the staff won't be pleased that you're there during open hours laying on the cat floor when they're trying to show people through. Yes, that happens. People are weid.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.