[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a serious cricket problem in my basement, they aren't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
I have a serious cricket problem in my basement, they aren't even noisy because they are the spider looking ones, so the nuisance is really just because the come out in the summer and shit all over everything and are just generally startling to be around.

I'm considering purchasing some lizards and letting them loose down there to prey on the crickets. Is this a viable solution?
how many lizards should I get?

I would rather have a lizard problem than a cricket problem honestly because I can just wrangle them when I'm done
>>
that's fairly stupid. clean your damn house.
>>
>>2143689
it's a basement, there is nothing to clean. It's just concrete floors with some storage boxes and a washing machine
but I also put a tv down there because Its a cool quiet place to sit and do some exercises
>>
Bitch you go down there to eat Cheetos and jack off
>>
>>2143702
and I would prefer to do so among lizards, not crickets
still though, I don't see why adding a predator to the ecosystem that seems to be thriving down there would be a bad thing

how many crickets does a gecko eat a day?
>>
>>2143711
Get some fucking bug spray
>>
>>2143721
I'm looking for a final solution
>>
File: Raid_Ant_Roach_Barrier.png (139 KB, 194x482) Image search: [Google]
Raid_Ant_Roach_Barrier.png
139 KB, 194x482
Go to the hardware store or garden center and get something to spray around the foundation of your house. If that doesn't work, call Orkin or something. They should be able to find out how they're getting in and fix it for good.
>>
Do you not sweep the cobwebs out?

Also, if you have to go the lizard route-alligator lizard.
>>
>>2143724
Mein fuhrer..may I suggest a bug bomb that releases gas?
>>
They're getting in through somewhere, go over your basement and seal any holes. Drains, especially, install a finer mesh inside all drains
>>
>>2143721
It sounds like he just really wants lizards running around in his house. That would be kind of cool.

I don't think the logistics would work, I don't know if lizards can survive in a basement. They need tons of sunlight and they generally don't fair well in moist environments.
>>
Chances are you already have Hemidactylus turcicus naturalized in your area. They are greedy little fuckers and would probably thrive in a basement full of crickets.
>>
>>2143724
>gas is not a final solution
>>
>>2143688
Is this bait? Don't come up with some convoluted story to justify getting a lizard. Just get one.
>>
>>2143724
you want the fast kill, low irritant raid, it's in the blue bottle, it works the best
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.