[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many birds do you think you could accurately identify? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
How many birds do you think you could accurately identify? And I mean don't just say "swan", you need to get the exact type of swan.

I'm trying to learn birds and am making a list and I think I could probably ID about 55 in a perfect world, but a lot would honestly depend on if it's an iconic male and not just a drab brown female version like is the case with most ducks.
>>
It's not that easy as saying I know X amount of Y. Knowing different species just comes along as you go along, and it took my entire life to get where I am. And I pretty much don't have a big social life because of it. Just take it step-by-step OP.
>>
>55
that seems awful low
I paged through my sibley and got 50 I'm confident with before reaching the passerines and lost interest. I don't even like birds much, can't ID a single woodpecker or gull or swan without a book.
>>
>you need to get the exact type of swan

Well, fuck you too, faggot, I guess I don't know any fucking birds.
>>
>>2143640
I don't know. I'm just going to estimate I've seen around 30 species coming through my neighborhood. I'd say I've seen a fuckton throughout the states.
>>
>>2143676
I'm just getting started. I don't have a guide book, I just went through an Audobon list of what is near here and used the Cornell site to look up pics.
>>
>mfw I live in South America and would go insane if I attempted to learn all the bird names
>I can't even remember all the spiders, snakes and plants that could kill me
>I live in the second biggest city, in a very developed urban area and have found the most venomous spider in the world chilling in my kitchen
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.