[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lab ear infection?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160611_152909.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160611_152909.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
Hey everyone over the past two days these raw spots have shown up on my chocolate lab's head. I looked it up and apparently he may be rubbing his head on the ground due to ear infection. I want to know what you guys think, it's on both sides of his head and he does a lot of head shaking and itching and rubbing there so I think that's the issue.
>>
File: IMG_20160611_152924.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160611_152924.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
Other side
>>
>>2143473

I think you need to go to a vet if he's rubbing himself raw.

Think of it this way: if you had an ear infection that you were rubbing your ear until it bled, would you not go to a doctors for further diagnostics?

It's quite clearly not going to clear up on its own.
>>
look in his ears. ear infections are usually very obvious: they'll be all kinds of gunk in his ears and it'll smell bad.

take him to a vet.
>>
>>2143473
pour som 96% spirit in his ear, 3 times a day for a good 5 days.
It'll evaporate out of his ear and it won't sting like a wound would.
or buy some penicillin.
or be a lazy dog owner.
>>
Nasal spray or some kind of saline solution, dab with paper towel. That looks horrible it should have never gotten that bad, dogs with floppy ear are super prone to ear infection.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.