[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do some people tell me I was cruel to the cat? > be me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Chihuahua.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Chihuahua.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Why do some people tell me I was cruel to the cat?

> be me
> be staying at hotel with gf and 3 lb chihuahua
> there for a wedding alright
> walk dog one fine morning
> see movement out the corner of my eye
> big ass cat is hunting dog
> just about to jump dog
> literally milliseconds
> instant reaction is to kick cat
> *thunk* and cat runs away
> cat sits on wooden fence and looks at us
> whew dodged that bullet
> see same cat next day
> it is fine but scared of me

Why the fuck do people seem to think I should've let my dog get jumped by a cat more than twice her size? Is it not natural to protect one's animals against predation?
>>
>>2143043
You were right in stopping the cat but kicking it was overkill honestly. It would have worked to just yell and scare it away.
>>
>>2143043

You did ok OP but...

>owning a dog that you have to worry about being attacked by cats.

Maybe get another with more stopping powah.
>>
>>2143051
Needless to say, the dog wasn't my choice. She got it when we were studying and I wanted to work hard and party hard, so it was on her to care for exclusively back then. But I helped out of course, I just didn't wanna say no to stuff because she wanted a dog.
>>
>>2143048
Don't listen to this faggot
>>2143043
The cat got off light, op. I'd of stomped it to death
>>
>>2143043
You're fine OP. As long as you didn't kick it hard enough to break ribs or cause internal injuries, you did what most people would do.

>>2143144
That's because your an edgy teenager.
>>
>>2143048
> It would have worked to just yell and scare it away.
you'd risk it injuring your dog and cat scratches/bites have a high infection rate.
>>
>>2143043
Depends on how you kicked, I don't know the soccer terms but kind of putting your metatarsus under the kitty and pushing it is acceptable in tough situation.
>>
You did fine, OP. Nothing wrong with protecting your pets. You didn't do any more than what was necessary. You didn't do anything unreasonable. It's not like the cat's even hurt.

People who say you should've let your pet get attacked are assholes.
>>
>>2143149
What's with the sudden influx of tumblr as of late?
>>
You were probably in fight or flight mode protecting your pupper. I doubt you had time to think of a nicer way to protect your dog, nor were conscious of how hard you kicked it.

If you can, at least try to take the little kitty to a vet to make sure you didn't hurt it.
>>
>>2143206
What's with the sudden influx of /b/ shit?
>>
>>2143048

Fuck strays and fuck you.
>>
>>2143297

Seriously, though, your feelings aren't as important as the environment.

#euthanizeallstrays
>>
call me an edgecommander all you want, but stray cats are pests and should be treated as such
>>
>>2143313
OP here. That fat ass cat was no stray.

Anyway thanks for the support guys.
>>
>>2143327

If it was on the street with no supervision, it's a stray.
>>
>>2143328
Uhm no.. that is not how it works here. People let their cats run around as it pleases them
>>
>>2143348

Look up the definition of a stray.
An animal that has been separated from it's owners - it's not the same thing as a feral, which is what I assume you think I meant.

The cat doesn't belong in the streets.
The cat is a stray.
>>
>>2143350
>it's not the same thing as a feral
there is no difference between a feral cat and a outdoor cat.
>>
>>2143353

Socialization with humans.
They're both equally shit, and they're both terrible for the ecosystem.
One just deals with humans significantly better than the other.
But yes, both should be eradicated.
Everyone knows that.
>>
You could have picked up your dog instead of harming another animal.
>>
>>2143350
You are right.

>>2143361
There was no time. That is what I usually do, of course. Once in my own neighbourhood a cat always hunted my dog. I saw it miles away. Waited for the right moment then told my dog to fetch and pointed at the cat. Cat ran away with me and doggy on his tail. Never saw him again
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.