[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of Neutering/Spaying dogs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
What do you guys think of Neutering/Spaying dogs
>>
>>2141148
Good idea
>>
That's a big dog.
>>
>>2141148
bad, very bad idea forced by vetkikes.

Nutless dogs die 3-4 years sooner than average.
>>
>>2141151
For you
>>
It should be mandatory unless you have a license to breed them.
>>
>>2141152
Not true. It is either the opposite or neutering has little impact on lifespan. Male dogs will also not live in perpetual sexual frustration, don't contribute to the massive pet overpopulation, aren't subject to the whims of hormones, and are significantly less likely to chew someone's face off.

Also, spayed females live much longer than unaltered females due to the significantly reduced risk of breast cancer.

Yet further, spaying and neutering is pretty low on the profit scale for vet procedures.
>>
I'v heard that neutering them makes them less muscular and less active is that true?
>>
>>2141160
t. moron with no knowledge of health implications

male dogs ( and cats ) all develop abnormalities by age 6 which kill them 3-4 years too soon. Dog has bad hips? its not arthritis, its weak immune and brittled down bones.

>a procedure memed by vets doesn't rake in steady cash

fuck off.
>>
>>2141168
Post some papers senpai. Cite those sources

I can cite plenty that neutering increases life span or is net neutral.
>>
>>2141169
its not animal exclusive, ask /fit/ about hormones if you're gullible enough to neuter a dog you shouldn't own one.

>makes it less aggressive but nothing bad happens internally
lmao this board sometimes.
>>
>>2141175
Kek look at you, you gay little baitposter, desu. Can't even back up your bait with incredible conspiracy theory websites.

lmao kid you are the one who needs to fuck off.

btw senpai people eunuch live longer than non eunuch too famitadamitydoo. so it is true in people too. top fucking kek kid you don't know shit.
>>
>>2141169
hes right though, the earlier they're neutered the sooner they become lazy and the less happy.

Female dogs don't gain or lose anything from tube tying.
>>
I'd never neuter my dogs, male or female. It reduces drive, increases weight and other dogs can't get a read on them hormonally

I honestly don't see the point in neutering dogs, other than for pyometra in females. It seems to be an American thing, are you guys so busy shoving mcdonalds down your face that you're too incapable to make sure a dog doesn't tie to yours?
>>
>>2141181
heh, another win in the books for me. gg anon. better get a head start digging your poochies 4 foot grave, remember to place rocks so animals don't eat it! (:

>>2141182
thank u's, it is cruel.
>>
>>2141183
millennial white family thing desu. No kids, no pets kids.
>>
>>2141187
>>2141183

It's called insurance and being a responsible pet owner.
What exactly are you going to do with the puppies? Sell them? House them? Send them to the kennel? Leave them in a box by the road?

Get over yourself.
>>
>>2141182
If I am actually going to have a discussion on this, I do agree there is some degree of an argument you can have with neutering. If the pet population weren't out-of-control, then I would say that altering or leaving in tact your dog should be a personal choice. Both honestly have pros and cons, and both will cause the dog problems down the road (just in differing manners). That being said, the science generally aligns that altering does increase the dogs' lifespan. Testosterone fucks everyone up: people and doggos alike.

That all being said, the pet population is out of hand in America. If it isn't in your country, then cool. Do what you want. It is irresponsible to not alter your dog and contribute to the massive overpopulation. Nothing is going to stop a dog from getting to a bitch in heat.

>Female dogs don't gain or lose anything from tube tying.
Actually, they have nothing but things to gain. Spaying drastically reduces the risk of breast cancer, among other cancers. Even some of the more conservative papers and research I've done on this which says "neutering is neither good nor bad" ultimately concludes spaying is good.
>>
>>2141190
>Testosterone fucks everyone up: people and doggos alike.

except low test happens naturally with age sped. Without anything producing or circulating hormones the body breaks down.

>pet population is just now out of control
General population =\= species, dogs are a declining population in the US and have been since 2002/03. You'd have a fair point for cats or coyotes.

This isn't china, our pets don't live cramped.
>>
>>2141190
>domestic dogs live longer than wild brused high test rabid dogs, this web article says so hurr

wow what a coincidence..
>>
>>2141193
>except low test happens naturally with age sped. Without anything producing or circulating hormones the body breaks down.
You are right, but by the time the body slows down, the damage has been done already.

And again, eunuchs in both dog and person form live longer. Male sex hormones fuck shit up.

Also:
http://www.statista.com/statistics/198100/dogs-in-the-united-states-since-2000/

Seems the population of dogs has been modestly stable in neither decline nor incline.
>>
>>2141175
>>2141182
>>2141186
>>2141182
Not a drop of sauce to be found
>>
>>2141189
It's called not letting your bitch around males when she's in heat, and not letting your male dog roam around alone, you moron

Being a responsible pet owner should start by not letting your dog roam around alone.
>>
My vet told me not to neuter my mastiff mix for at least 2 years, ideally 3 so he can build muscle around his joints and not run into complications later.
>>
>>2141201
>asking people for proofs

just because you're on the net doesn't mean the art of anecdotal shouting changes kiddo.
>>
File: 1437726529203.jpg (455 KB, 2211x1683) Image search: [Google]
1437726529203.jpg
455 KB, 2211x1683
I think it's situational and factors should be taken in. Like, if you know the breed you have is at higher risk for certain cancers, then ya it might be helpful. Or if there you can't guarantee your dog won't break out/another dog break in and breed, then yes, please spay or neuter.

Our dog is a three year old bitch and hasn't been spayed and she is a good dog. We just make sure she has the excersise she needs and mental stimulation.

However, we are debating spaying her soon because our roommate is getting another dog that is male and she may not get hers fixed, and I don't even want to take the risk of an accident happening. Not only is my dog a mutt, but her back legs are slightly fucked up and I don't know how well she could handle birthing. Plus, I definitely do not have 12 people that could provide loving homes to any pups.
>>
If you have to ask, you haven't done the most basic of research. There are a million reasons (health and behavioral) to fix your dog. There's 2 reasons to not fix them. Breeding, and your ego.

A better question is when to do it, which is currently accepted as being when they stop growing, which is anywhere from 1 to 2 years depending on the breed. A giant breed male is about 2 years.
>>
>>2141168
>Dog has bad hips? its not arthritis, its weak immune and brittled down bones.

Correction - it's mostly bad nutrition as a puppy. There's a reason they make a gazillion kinds of puppy food. It's to slow growth and prevent issues caused by rapid growth, like the dozen or so possible issues with hips.
>>
http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/health/articles/spaying-female-dog.html

After reading that I decided not to spay my girl until she's 5 or so, and forget fixing a male unless I'm mixing genders for some reason. Made the decisions based on health, not the possibility of puppies... seeing as I actually take care of my dog and don't let her run around by herself.
>>
File: 1464809186612.gif (2 MB, 339x338) Image search: [Google]
1464809186612.gif
2 MB, 339x338
It's a good thing, obviously dog might disagree though...
>>
Why would you castrate a dog?
>>
>>2141560

Read the thread and you might get a clue.
>>
>>2141219
really?
>>
>>2141288
>fix
it doesn't fix anything you idiot
>>
>>2141561
it's stupid would you want you balls cut off?
>>
>>2141710
Because that's my fetish you judgemental asshole
>>
>>2141710
Anon is a human, not a dog, though.
>>
>>2141759
i'm sure animals want there balls to though
>>
shouldn't you wait until they are 3 to neuter them?
>>
>>2141774
I don't think animals care about their balls at all. Ever.

>>2141777
Most vets advise to wait until adulthood or first heat, I think.
>>
>>2141777
I've been told at least 2.
>>
>>2141196
>Testosterone fucks everyone up: people and doggos alike.
So, which are you. Beta nu-male or feminazi?
>>
>>2141829
>I am a science denier so I am going to call someone names to make myself feel better to continue to live in a shell where I can deny fact
Sweet famodamopam.
>>
After doing extensive research I decided my next dog will be OSSed/vasectomized instead of the standard procedure. Just my preference. You people do what you want
>>
>>2141163
I've fixed all my dogs and they are always ready to walk or drag me across the yard playing tug of war
>>
>>2141190
>>2141193
Alright, i need to provide information on this. The body still produces hormones and animals that do result in hormone disorders can be supplemented. Also, hormones in itself doesnt make the body break down. Thats silly. There are many reasons why the body breaks down and hormones are not the answer UNLESS there is too much like with estrogen alopecia. It is reccomended these days to spay and neuter your animals by the time they are fully grown. In small dogs and cats this is normally by 6 months. Large breeds 2 years.
>>2141289
Nutrition is only one part of the picture. Some animals like german shephers are horrible munted mutants of nature. Especially show breeds some come out of the wound with fucked hips that have to be fixed as little as between 12-20 weeks of age.
>>2141560
Well, its pretty simple. For laymen it can help with behavior issues in the home like spraying, roaming, aggression, and bleeding (not really its just tinted discharge) from the vulva all over your fucking house. I had a friend that bred dashies, another fucked breed, and she kept it in a diaper when in heat. Fuck that, I have work.
medically? Too easy
Females: mammary cancer that gets reduced by 80% by spaying before the first heat
Pyometra or pus in the womb. Wanna see that happen to your dog? It comes out green yellow chunky cottage cheese from the vulva. It smells like death and your dog could die. Thats just when its open and actually coming out. When its "Closed" as in trapped in the uterus that shit makes everything die, and you end up with a septic dog who WILL die if not treated approriately.
Dogs: Prostate cancer, prostate inflammation, fucking ball/testicular cancer, penile cancers. They can get it so bad that the penis becomes a bulbous piece of work and then it gets trumatized and the tissue dies becoming gangrenous.

So if you guys dont want to spay or neuter your dog go right ahead. Kill your dog.
>>
File: 1461881477050.jpg (310 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1461881477050.jpg
310 KB, 560x560
>cut off doggo's nuts
>estrogen takes over
>doggo gets fat and lazy
>>
Can you leave your dog intact and bring him bitches to pound once in awhile?
>>
>>2142363
>drinking the vetjew kool-aid
>>
>>2142694
Yep, that why your dog is lazy and fat
>>
>>2141163
It can effect their growth a bit if done too young but if they have grown enough by the time you get it done it doesn't affect their size. Ask your vet or breeder

>>2142696
If you're a terrible person who likes killing puppies
>>
>>2142713

Be aware some breeds will keep growing until theyre 5.
>>
>>2141219
You got a good vet anon.
>>
File: sore-dog-173x200[1].jpg (9 KB, 173x200) Image search: [Google]
sore-dog-173x200[1].jpg
9 KB, 173x200
If anyone is really interested in this, here's a really good scientific study on the pros/cons.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rootk001/icar%202012.pdf

Neutering is pushed so much as most owner's aren't sensible enough to keep their un-neutered males away from bitches, and certainly the vast majority of pet owner's can't keep an intact bitch without getting her knocked up.
>>
File: 1465499220779.jpg (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1465499220779.jpg
63 KB, 600x600
>>2142696
If he's healthy and has an impressive enough pedigree, breeders will pay you to bring your doggo over and have them knot their bitch. Very easy money if you can get the connections
>>
>>2142190
what's the difference?
>>
>>2142363
How the fuck are dashies bad? there the best breed
>>
>>2141148
If you aren't going to breed or work then you should
>>
>>2143090
IVDD, intervertbral disc disease very common in the breed predisposes them to broken backs at young ages, valgus/varus joints that causes them to spread out due to what they were bred for causing horrible arthritis. Thats just a few. Munted legs are always bad. Get a dog with proper legs and backs. Try a sighthound. Labs and Goldens and most large breed dogs get hip dysplasia, OA (osteoarthritis), and a heap of other developmental bone disorders
>>
>>2141148
We should spay niggers and kikes
>>
>>2143159
mixed dashies are the best
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.