[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are 4 kittens of a similar size / age to the one in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: kitter.jpg (223 KB, 1596x821) Image search: [Google]
kitter.jpg
223 KB, 1596x821
There are 4 kittens of a similar size / age to the one in the pic, at the bottom of a storm drain. They've been there for at least 2 days now, possibly longer. Is it reasonable to assume that the mother is still feeding them / nurturing them or do they need to be rescued? They mew every time anything approaches the drain.
>>
jesus just get them the fuck out of there
the department goes beyond rescueing cats from trees.

Although with some tools you can open the storm drain.

they aint birds that are still fed outside of the nest. the mothers nipples cant reach down the stormdrain.

getting them out isn't the end of the problem
>>
>>2140439

Sorry, didn't really explain, cats constantly go down there, there are openings all throughout the street through massive concrete storm drains for floods, the kittens are accessible for their mother

already called animal rescue, they said they cant do anything because DPW said they wont come and open the drain because "if the cat put them down there, it can get them out"
>>
if you haven't seen a mother cat yet they are probably abandoned, especially if they are meowing. secure/happy/fed kittens don't meow at the first whiff of a live presence approaching.
>>
>>2140441

regarding my post above yours, do you know of any ways I can open the drain? It looks like this http://images1.sw-cdn.net/product/picture/625x465_3603745_24328_1459321442.jpg
>>
>>2140440
hard to say then... maybe they are just chatty. if they start meowing for no reason, get them out asap.
>>
>>2140442
it's just a heavy metal grate
>>
>>2140442

there are videos online. maybe ask /diy/ board.
>>
>>2140449

Cant really find anything that doesn't require special tools
>>
>>2140435
>Kittens stuck in a storm drain where they can drown or starve.
Sounds to me as if the storm drain is working as intended.
>>
>>2140456
They can't really drown, I don't think it's a storm drain, I guess the terminology is wrong, it's a gutter that connects that takes in rain water, which is accessible by larger concrete drains which are open, and cats can fit in them, I don't think there is any danger of them drowning
>>
>>2140461
That's too bad, really.
>>
>>2140441
they mew at anything that goes near the drain, they're looking like 3 - 4 weeks old, are they still likely to be abandoned?
>>
>>2140442
You just wrap your fingers around the bars and lift. Weighs maybe 40 or 50 lbs.
>>
>>2140658
Got a crowbar and it didn't budge, shit was at least 200lbs, probably more, got 2 guys from fire brigade to come and they managed to get it open eventually, not without difficulty and they were about ready to give up.

Anyway, 3/4 kitters saved, they couldn't see the last one, nor could it be heard, we're going to be going back to see if we can hear it at all. I think it wandered off and fell down another channel and it's probably gone.

R.I.P

Pictures to follow of the little kitters.
>>
>>2140768
>Saving nature's trash
Why are you so dumb? Do you hang onto used condoms too?
>>
>>2140771

These are kitters m8 no squirrels
>>
they're fine OP. Leave them alone unless the weather report calls for heavy rain

In 3-4 weeks they'll be older and will move on one their own. Dont leave food near them. Male cats attracted by food might kill unattended kittens

If you feel like playing foster parent, wait 2 weeks then take them. Get a baby (animal) bottle and kitten formula and some wet cat food to feed them. The bottle is just a safeguard, offer the kitten milk in a dish first. Socialize with them until they are approximately 3 months then find them homes on craigslist
>>
>>2140771
you know what just fuck off back to edgelord land where your poor parents abandoned you because you were too much of a faggot for them
>>
>>2140768
Pics?
>>
>>2140771
>>>>/b/
>>
>>2140435
call animal control ffs
>>
>>2140435
Drown them right now
Those toxoplasmotic vermin all need to die.
>>
>>2140443
OP should still call animal services. Young kittens will get adopted asap, and they'll be much happier than they would as strays. Even if the mom is taking care of them, they need safe homes.
>>
>>2140792
>>2141745
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>2143150
"hurr hurr I'm not edgy u guys r just sensitive"
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.