[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello bros, I just found that I have bees in my window frame.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: honey-bee-close-up.jpg (282 KB, 2384x1512) Image search: [Google]
honey-bee-close-up.jpg
282 KB, 2384x1512
Hello bros, I just found that I have bees in my window frame. I love these little motherfuckers, but know nothing about them. What can I do so they are comfier? Can I provide with whatever these little shits eat? Thanks
Pic related, it's a bee
>>
>>2139742
just leave the alone thats pretty much it. maybe you could leave out some sugar water or something?
>>
>>2139744
a little plate with sugared water? nicee, will try.
I'm happy because I was just browsing the chans when I see a bee getting off my window, and I was like wtf so I look at it and see another bee getting out of a hole in the frame. Yesss, they qt as fuck, would waifu them desu
>>
they laying eggs in the hole.

the solitary bee you (probably got) in your home makes small closed off sections in a hole and lays nectar/food for the egg she lays inside.

sugar water can "revive" a dying bee, but they crave nectar. although if they have passed by a good plant with nectar they will remember and return the next day.
>>
>>2139752
so I can't expect them to stick aroud? ;-;
Well, I'll just admire them meanwhile they do their thing. Thanks bro
>>
>>2139742

They love sugar/nectar and use it for creating nutritious honey as a stock during the winter months. Regular honey bees and bumble bees are harmless and only attack if you threaten their hive. If you have a garden, then these guys are highly beneficial.

Make sure they're not Africanized honey bees.
>>
Put a flower box on the window sill
>>
File: IMGP0342.jpg (747 KB, 2048x1355) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0342.jpg
747 KB, 2048x1355
Greetings /an/!

WHAT KIND OF BEE IS THIS?? I have thousands of them swarming around my yard. They're small (1-2cm, 1/2"ish). They're just buzzing aorund a couple inches above the ground and hardly landing at all. I took a hundred photos trying to get a good shot of one. They don't seem to be feeding, foraging, attacking, etc. There's a 2" or so hole in the ground that a few of them are going in and out of. Are these mining bees or are these honey bee workers, or what?

This is in New England btw. I think they stung kitty and I need to know if these are solitary bees enjoying the sunny part of the yard or if this is a fuckin' nest problem I need to exterminate with extreme prejudice. Thanks in advance /out/. Y'all are good cunts.

I have more photos and video but this shot should be good enough for someone who knows.
>>
>>2139902
probably halictidae or sweat bees considering they nest in the ground, but some mason bees do that too and its hard for me to tell the difference. they are certainly not honey bees.

some sweat bees are eusocial so maybe that's where the nest is but a bee that small is just a nuisance your cat probably didn't even get stung by them
>>
>>2139904
i just google dotcommed that and yes, it appears that's what they are! i thought they weren't social but i think in this case they're all congregating in a hive there. i spent a good while standing there amongst the swarm and they didn't take any notice of me. maybe i'll let them live. problem is when one of us mows the lawn it could be a shitshow. thanks for the response broski, i think you nailed it!
>>
I've stood in the middle of a hornet swarm while staring down at the ground trying to find their actual hive location so that I wouldn't disturb them in the future. They didn't even sting me once. They bumped into me a lot. A few landed on me. But after that, I left them alone and they only stuck around that spring/summer/fall. They were kinda cool. So tiny. So crazy active. They would check me out when I sat on the back porch, but we all got along just fine. I think people are just weird about bees. I don't even have issues around yellow jackets. And I've even shooed them away when they were bothering other people around me. Wasps mostly ignore me too. Meh. People are just scared of shit for no reason.
>>
File: why didn't you stop it.jpg (62 KB, 680x512) Image search: [Google]
why didn't you stop it.jpg
62 KB, 680x512
>>2139742
Flamethrower to the window frame, that should keep them warm and toasty, they'll also never need to eat again, which is good.
>>
>>2139742
if you have honey bees nesting in your walls, they could become a problem if their hive gets too big. I've read about cases where honey actually starts seeping into the wood and causing damage.

if that happens, don't call an exterminator, see if you can find a local beekeeper to take them. They might have to bust open your walls, though.
>>
>>2140153
Hilarious meme, you come up with that one yourself?
>>
>>2140153
;-;

To the rest of the bros here. Where can I find and learn more about bees? Books, sites, whatever, I'm getting obsessed about bees, and what to know more about them
>>
Update: Further research has suggested that my beefriend is an ashy mining bee. The colors and its solitary ways seem to indicate so.
>>
>>2140946
You can kill every last one of them so they can't blight this beautiful planet with their disgusting presence any more
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.