[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion on PETA?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: KellanLutzPETA.Ad1.jpg (130 KB, 800x1054) Image search: [Google]
KellanLutzPETA.Ad1.jpg
130 KB, 800x1054
Opinion on PETA?
>>
there's a fine line between caring about the environment and being a total nutjob.

and they didn't just cross it, they used it as a noose to hang themselves.
>>
>adopt, don't buy

what the actual fuck does that even mean? is that a real ad?
>>
>>2139272
It means adopt don't buy.
>>
>>2139265
Extremist that can't decide on most issues. On one hand, they don't like animal shelters because of their process and the care of the animals and the euthanasia. And here, they are encouraging to adopt? (Granted they have their own animal shelter)

They want to kill feral cats, yet they are against unnecessary euthanasia and literally want animals to roam free. But then they don't like outdoor cats but they want animals to roam free. And finally, their end goal is to not have any pet animals or animals of labor. Even their leader is a hypocrite, shit talking those that use animals for a medical reason but uses insulin or something from a pig or some shit.
>>
>>2139274

What's the difference?
>>
>Adopt
>Says the organization that euthanizes a massive amount of the animals they take in
>>
>>2139280
Even though you're technically buying the animal from a shelter, the difference is you aren't paying shelters to breed more dogs like you are with a breeder.

That said, there's nothing wrong with buying a dog as long as you are using actual proper responsible breeders. Always a good idea to check shelters for the breed you want though, unless you need a specific working dog or are getting something super prone to health issues or etc
>>
>>2139285

They should just say don't buy from breeders. I'm glad that ad made sense to you, it meant fuckall to me.
>>
>>2139265
Make sure to eat as much pork as you can to support the pigs and keep them alive. They're viewed as vermin in the wild(tasty delicious vermin) and would be extinct without us eating them. No one wants wild pigs or pet pigs, we must eat them to keep them alive. That is their purpose.
>>
>>2139287
>Don't buy from breeders
But you do have to if you need to.

The point is for the average schmuck that just wants a pet to not buy from a breeder but instead adopt.

The problem with this logic is that the breeder's dogs will now face death, but I'm sure their logic is that they're killing the market for this and thus lowering the amount of deaths in the long run. The converse is then that you then run the risk of elimination of certain dog breeds or that breeds then command unreasonably high markets.

Basically PETA is trying to corner the dog market and you're all falling for it.
>>
>>2139265
So what happens to the dogs for sale after nobody buys them?
>>
>>2139281
To be fair, their shelter takes in literally all animals, even ones on their deathbed. They do not discriminate behavior too. So most of the animals they received are ones that were not allowed in elsewhere due to age, health, behavior etc. They are also an open intake, meaning they take surrender and strays from anywhere with little to no questions asked.

This leads to people to abuse the system, free euthanasia. Or, in some cases, people with a dying pet that wants to pretend they are getting a second chance going to this shelter. A lot of pussies who can't handle their animals being euthanized.

I have no qualms with euthanizing pets when there is an abundance or other issue. My only beef would be if they don't tell the owners or lie to the owners. And since PETA parades itself as this animal loving community and being all for animal rights and their welfare, I wouldn't be surprised if the shelter's death rates is still unknown to many people
>>
>>2139281
This. I had PETA cut the lock to my backyard while I was at work, take my dog, and then leave me a note saying he had been euthanized. These people should all be arrested.
>>
>>2139318
Did you call the police?
>>
>>2139293
>The problem with this logic is that the breeder's dogs will now face death,
those dogs will be very welcome at the shelter
>but I'm sure their logic is that they're killing the market for this and thus lowering the amount of deaths in the long run.
>The converse is then that you then run the risk of elimination of certain dog breeds
and this is a bad thing because
>or that breeds then command unreasonably high markets.
speak english
>Basically PETA is trying to corner the dog market and you're all falling for it.
they have like 3 shelters
>>
>>2139265

We have a PETA type outfit called SAFE in New Zealand, it turns out theyre corporate is all paid highly and their operating costs were 3/4 of their income from subsidys and donations. Its just a big joke and people getting paid to do nothing except from give reactionary interviews on TV when an animal is abused.
>>
>>2139339
I filed a report but they said that this happens all the time, and PETA just claims that the dog was being neglected/mistreated and nothing happens.
>>
>>2139377
>if you are a nonprofit then your employees don't need to eat
>>
The westboro baptist church like cult of the vegan/hippy fags
>>
>>2139379

Look into if you want... I dont give more of a fuck than writing a reply.
>>
>>2139380
Lot of those animals would be endangered/extinct if we didn't eat them anyway. I mean shit, where are all these cattle going to graze if we don't have an interest in keeping them alive to eat later? We're basically doing them a favor.
>>
>>2139381
It's not that I don't believe you, I just think you're overestimating the "problem" here. The fact is, these people are employees, not volunteers. If they aren't being offered a salary comparable to what they could get elsewhere for their qualifications and job description, then they're not going to work there.
>>
>>2139278

their animal shelters are kill shelters
>>
Who here wants to try horse? I feel like horse would be fucking delicious. Imagine all the animals wed eat if we didnt consider them pets, or "intelligent" like dogs and horses. Fuck peta, theyre about as bad as christains. I hope theyre children or animals die from sort of meat/protien deficiency, like isnt this science? What would humans be without meat? Or the world. I turned this to a vegan argument but same diff.
>>
>>2139395
Their
>>
>>2139384
You'd be surprised. Kennel worker here. I've been here 3 years, no raise, not even price or living raise, I work minimum wage, I don't get lunch breaks despite working 10 hour shifts, I am expected to do home work and work off the clock. They are now debating having my time card punch automatically, and have me punch out at 6 despite the fact that I am scheduled to work until 6:30. My vacation time magically disappeared and they can't tell me what days I supposedly took this vacation time. I have 5 sick days a year. People who have desk jobs literally treat the kennel bitches like field niggers. My boss still doesn't know my name despite being one of 12 kennel workers, and makes 6 figures. Old boss was actually stealing money from the nonprofit organization, on top of making 6 figures.
I do it because I know they won't replace me for a loooong time if I leave, and that leads to unnecessary death and suffering. I keep saying ill hand my two weeks when they get staffed up, or maybe when it slows down. But that never comes. I can get a job at any fast food place and already make more an hour than what I am doing here.
>>
>>2139405
It sounds like they're just using that guilt of yours to force you to accept shitty working conditions. Be better for everyone if all of you just quit and showed them they can't get away with treating employees that way.
>>
>>2139265
I agree with basically everything PETA says, but that doesn't make it's actions any better.
It's a fucked up extremist group that's got the right idea.
>>
>>2139395

horse is gritty and tough. not much going for it aside from dog food and glue to be quite honest.
>>
>>2139405
sue.
>>
>>2139318
Lol wut
>>
For those of you still wondering, adopting means the organization didn't breed the animals themselves, and they don't make a profit from the transaction.
If nobody buys dogs from breeders, the breeders' dogs go to shelters where they'll be adopted (or euthanized, for all PETA cares).
The purpose of the ad is to discourage people from buying from puppy mills.
>>
File: DSC01735.jpg (630 KB, 1088x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC01735.jpg
630 KB, 1088x1080
Fuck adopting. They don't bond the same
>>
>>2139314
Same shit as going on already with the added benefit that less dogs will be bred.
>>
I had a bitch come up and cuss me out in town a little while back because i was wearing a fur coat.
She didnt even give me a chance to tell her that the pelts my coat is made from are from rabbits that were culled due to damage they were doing from over breeding.
All the meat was used as food, the left over organs and bones were used as fertilizer for the crops and they use the pelts to make clothes and such.

Dumb bitch she was.
I like to live as sustainable as possible,
>>
>>2139606
Puppy mill owners gotta eat too you know
>>
>>2139613
true , tried adopting but after 12 dogs i had each for around 2-4 weeks , it never worked out. Ended up getting a pure bred rottweiler whose parents i know and met with guarenteed perfect hips . Probably better than any shelter mutt i could have gotten
>>
>>2139278
This
A "celebrity" in germany (huge vegan supporter of PETA) keeps a single fucking yellow crested cockatoo at home.

And many of the PETA fags here in europe cry about "banning exotic animals" and keep their Guinea Pigs or Rabbits/Hamsters in tiny cages.

Yet these bastards call everyone who doesn't support their stupid, way over the top organisation a Hypocrit
>>
>>2139265
Zealous cultists basically.
>>
>>2139318
are you serious?
If that happened to me, would have tracked them down beaten them to mush

rather going to jail than to let this happen without punishment.

If someone hurts my animals, he/she is going to pay for it
>>
>>2139318
What the shit?
Why did they do that?
Did you do something that made them think you were mistreating your dog
>>
>>2139318
I don't believe that.
Especially in America with castle doctrines and lawsuit culture and all.
People would up in arms if that kind of shit was going on.
>>
>>2139719
you can't really do shit if you aren't there to stop it
>>
>>2139671
Unfortunately, that is actually a common story. You can find tons of people online saying PETA did the exact same thing to them.
>>
>>2139265
The only good extremist is a dead one.
PETA deserves death
>>
>>2139653
>but after 12 dogs i had each for around 2-4 weeks , it never worked out
>12 dogs
>never worked out
I think you might be the problem here anon
>>
>>2139771
I think we should treat them the same way that they did to all of those dogs, and cats that they "rescued" last year.
>>
>>2139653
>12 dogs
>2-4 weeks each
I don't think the dogs are the issue here.
>>
File: 1410102076011.jpg (30 KB, 236x421) Image search: [Google]
1410102076011.jpg
30 KB, 236x421
Literal retards who do more harm than good.

>mfw they think sheep are killed for their fucking wool
>>
>>2139719
Found the europoor who only knows what he knows about America by reading the daily mail
>>
>>2139719
>he doesn't know what castle doctrine is
>he's probably never even held a gun
>>
>>2139896
i thought shaving sheep for their wool actually helps them?
>>
>>2139265
>Opinion on PETA?
Opinion on this? >>30192485
>>
>>2140046
>>>/k/30192485
>>
>>2140046
>>2140047
>Mercy kill on fatally wounded animal
>He is even going to use the meat for doggo

He should go the extra mile and make the pelt into a stuffed toy. But they need to keep a better eye on that dog. Could be a porcupine next time.
>>
>>2139346
Fuck off PETA
>>
>>2140044
It does, you could argue that it is our fault because we bred them to never stop growing wool.
But pic related is why sheep need to be shorn.
Shrek the sheep escaped from his home and lived up in the mountains for six years, this is what he looked like when he was found.

He could barely see first of all and eventually in a couple of years he would have so much wool he would not be able to eat and he must have been really fucking warm.
Now Peeta posts pictures of lambs and sheep covered in cuts and blood but they tend to be exaggerated, yeah they will get nicked but thats about one in a million chance of happening and plus it is about as bad as a paper cut.
Any farmer worth his salt will very rarely cut a sheep.

My uncle is a sheep farmer, he and my other uncle don't need to farm but farm anyways because it is what their dad did and grandad did and so on.
My uncle really likes sheep and can sheer them really fast without getting cut, those sheep pretty much are like his pets except for the odd lamb who becomes his dinner.

They fucking hate stray dogs and crows though, my uncles will shoot on sight if they see either on their land.
>>
File: shrek-the-sheep-65.jpg (127 KB, 880x581) Image search: [Google]
shrek-the-sheep-65.jpg
127 KB, 880x581
>>2140069
Like the big downy I am I forgot the picture.
>>
File: after.jpg (142 KB, 880x561) Image search: [Google]
after.jpg
142 KB, 880x561
>>2140071
Here he is after.
>>
File: I'm Done.jpg (108 KB, 499x627) Image search: [Google]
I'm Done.jpg
108 KB, 499x627
>>2139265
>>
>>2139278
>they are against unnecessary euthanasia
they have a greater than 80% euthanasia rate on the animals they 'rescue'
>>
>>2139293
>Basically PETA is trying to corner the dog market
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>2139290
Nah I don't want cancer.
Pig meat is nasty as fuck.
>>
>>2139317
>To be fair, their shelter takes in literally all animals
including people's cared for pets, on private property

and then they kill them
>>
>>2139634
Then maybe they should find a real job.
>>
>>2139896
There's nothing liberal about what they do.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.