[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What environmental issues have the most priority in being addressed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (351 KB, 1000x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
351 KB, 1000x650
What environmental issues have the most priority in being addressed? What careers have the most impact in improving them?

I am going into college, and I want to dedicate my life to conservation. From what I've looked into I was thinking about something in marine biology or renewable energy, but what do you guys think?
>>
That depends a lot on where you live, the politics and local issues etc.

I'd look at renewable+reusable energy/materials. The rest should follow. There is shit like Circular economy but it's obviously not very compatible with our current models.
>>
i'm looking into environmental science with a minor in ecological restoration. small field, however, and not many colleges have that program.
>>
You can look at agriculture. A lot of land is taken up, alongside river, soil and air pollution from faeces and chemicals. On top of that is land degredation as the original habitat is destroyed, so you get soil erosion, desertification, nutrient poor land.

A good way to solve all these issues is with agroforestry, which reduces everything mentioned and brings back wildlife
>>
>What environmental issues have the most priority in being addressed?
cats.

because it's a really simple thing to fix.
>>
>>2138971
teaching Indians to shit in the toilet and house there animals properly
>>
>>2139213
That was my thinking sort of.

Create solutions that the developing countries can adopt, so they don't need to do the same mistakes as we did.

Soon we would have billions of people going through similar rapid industrialization/economy growth process with rampant polluting and not giving a shit about sustainability, and at that point it doesn't matter if few hundred million people are living in a green utopia.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.