[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WASPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1336338758951.jpg (119 KB, 326x284) Image search: [Google]
1336338758951.jpg
119 KB, 326x284
Guys I'm fucking panicking here. Yesterday a big ass wasp got in my room but it just up and died by itself after a while, I think it got caught in a spiderweb. Buut for a while I could hear other wasps hitting on my blinds, trying to get in. I was scared as fuck but it eventually died down.

NOW THIS MORNING I'm woken up by a number of wasps hitting on my window again. It felt like a fucking swarm, every other second I could hear their little bodies slamming against my blinds trying to find a crack. Now, I have my blinds down (even though there are opening on it, which the dumbasses haven't found so far) and my glass window is closed so I don't think it's likely they'll actually get in as long as I keep my shit closed.

So I go peek out the parallel kitchen window and I can see at least 10 wasps dancing around my window and nowhere else. And I couldn't see any signs of a hive anywhere.

The fuck should I do?

Update: Halfway through writing this the noise died down, maybe they moved to terrorize some other window, but I'm still scared they might come back. I can still hear faint buzzing outside holy shit help.
>>
THEY'RE BACK

I'm about to nope the fuck out of this room
>>
It's too late, kill yourself before they kill you.
>>
Maybe they're bees though, wasps don't usually swarm. Though there's no real way for me to get close enough to tell right now.
>>
Oh God a couple of them got through the binds and I could hear them trying to chew through the thankfully thick wooden frame of my windows. Also they're wasps alright. May God help me now.
>>
>>2138833
Blow smoke on them from inside or bug spray? Idk
>>
>>2138835
Don't know if I have bug spray, and smoke can anger them. I want to call pest control but I'm currently studying abroad and I'm not confidence in my fluency with the language. I'm just waiting for one of my flatmates to wake up so he can help me with the translating so I can call my landlord.
>>
Just went to check out the kitchen window. They're still buzzing around my window but a notice a few going up and down the building to other windows. I wonder if anyone else in the building is having the same problem. This could be good news though, as the wasps' nest is not necessarily in my window, or bad news, as now it is harder to find.
>>
don't be such a pussy just kill them if they get inside
>>
>>2138845
I'd do that for one wasp. Not for a whole swarm of them.

In the meantime I literally packed my shit up and moved into the living room.
>>
Post pictures of your wasp siege so we have something to remember you by
>>
>>2138847
No way I'm going to open the blinds to take a picture, and a picture from my kitchen window would probably be too far away. If I can get something I'll post it here but for now you'll just have to use your imagination. Protip: Just imagine about a dozen wasps buzzing around outside your window banging their head against the wooden blinds like little hail pellets and an occasional chewing sound like scratching wood.
>>
File: DSC_0562[1].jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0562[1].jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
This is the crack they get in through. Almost got a pic of one of the infiltrators but he flew away before the camera went off. Also pictured, a damp towel to stave off the invasion.
>>
Found the bug spray! Time to fight back. Deus vult.
>>
>>2138859
You go anon!
>>
>>2138859
God wills it my friend
>>
>>2138859
Do not crush or pierce the wasps at all
>>
>>2139223
Not OP, but why not? Will it release pheremones that the other wasps will see as an act of aggression?
>>
>>2139232
I know that some species do, I'm not sure if all of them release alarm pheromones but desu I'm not playing that game
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.