[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have experience with keeping a male betta in their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: black-orchid-crowntail-8.jpg (199 KB, 750x630) Image search: [Google]
black-orchid-crowntail-8.jpg
199 KB, 750x630
Anyone here have experience with keeping a male betta in their sorority?
>>
What?!

Like your stupid little college whore house sorority?
>>
Tell him to identity as female.

Although if he's beta then he probably won't be seen as a threat anyway
>>
>>2138708
its a tank full of female betta

so yeah, i guess so
>>
>>2138724
I bet you are a dirty little thing, aren't you?

Go ahead, put him in there. You won't see anything you haven't seen before you filthy slut.
>>
Give him a little fedora
>>
it works out fine
>>
now all we need is an actual answer and this'll be a good thread
>>
Breeding guides always tell you to remove the male after breeding because they can get violent.

I guess in a big enough tank it would be ok.
>>
>>2138724
The males gonna get fucking killed if you do that
>>
I suppose I should update

Added my boy (Dragon) to the tank shortly after making this thread. He flared at the girls (Arowanna, Princess, LaBlueGirl) for awhile before mostly calming down

A little while after, I took all bettas out of the tank for the night and reintroduced them in the morning. There's been minor bickering but no fighting. The ladies seem to be flirting with him (swim up to him, bat him lightly with the tip of a tailfin then swim off leisurely). Boy will sometimes chase them off but mostly just lets it happen

When he does chase the girls, he can never catch any of them. His fins keep him from moving quickly i'll bet. His presence also seems to have calmed the catfights. No bubblenests have appeared, no vertical stripes

Will update again if/when something happens or if I can get a decent pic of my tank
>>
>>2139144
No they don't. They tell you to remove the female. The male is the one that cares for the offspring.
>>
>>2138705
I did it once, he just killed the females

>>2141322
^This
>>
>>2141397
how many females did you have? I have 3 currently and they dont bother eachother
>>
is this some sick female domination shit?
>>
how big is the tank, OP? what's in it? pic pls

this is interesting
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.