[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roadkill/vulture culture thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_201606155_084146.jpg (785 KB, 1125x1108) Image search: [Google]
IMG_201606155_084146.jpg
785 KB, 1125x1108
I found this dead male chihuahua on the roadside near a vet clinic in Mexico. What is the best way to rot down the body? Should I bury it?
I want to preserve his skull but I think it broke.
Also, general roadkill thread.
>>
Halp guys. My room smells like dead dog.
>>
>>2137823
Throw it in the garbage. Why did you even pick it up? You can buy dog skulls if you really wanted one.
>>
>Dumb beaners asking dumb questions
I really hope they build that fucking wall.
>>
>>2137827
Shit.
Ok.
>>
You think maybe someone is missing their dog, op? Maybe try to find the owner before you keep its skull.

But if you ever want to clean a roadkill skull... Cutting the head off and taking off as much meat as possible will get it clean quicker. You can:

>put it in a slow cooker with water on low heat, don't boil.
This process takes hours or days and will be gross and soggy. But it works.
>buy dermestid beetles
This is the best way to clean bones. The beetles clean the meat off quick and efficiently. They are cheap to buy.

If you're too squeamish you can usually find a taxidermist with beetles and pay them to have it cleaned.
>>
>>2137845
Thank you, anon. But I think I'm just gonna ask for the owner. It had a collar but not a tag.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.