[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that if you die near your cats they will begin eating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: mini eats 2.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
mini eats 2.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
Is it true that if you die near your cats they will begin eating you within minutes?

Because this kind of grosses me out, I don't want my cats to eat me. Is there a way I can train them to not look at me as food?
>>
>>2133539
>within minutes?

Not within minutes.

But imagine you were trapped in a house with nothing to eat and only a dead human. Shit, if there was a zombi apocylips you'd probably reverse the roles and eat kitteh.
>>
>Is it true that if you die near your cats they will begin eating you within minutes?
yes, that is a 100 percent true thing that has happened many times.
>>
Not within minutes.
Absolutely any carnivorous animal that is physically capable of it will eat you when you die if they are otherwise stuck in the house without food.
>>
I'm a deep sleeper and my cat has tried to eat me a few times when I was just asleep.
>>
>>2133541
>zombi apocylips
Nice try sport
>>
>>2133555
Hey, it could hapepn
>>
File: tumblr_o7yt8ycyRz1uh7yodo1_540.png (62 KB, 540x312) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7yt8ycyRz1uh7yodo1_540.png
62 KB, 540x312
>>
File: WwN.jpg (69 KB, 503x313) Image search: [Google]
WwN.jpg
69 KB, 503x313
>>2133554
Kill your cat before it chomps on your neck and kills you.
>>
>>2133539
>Is there a way I can train them to not look at me as food?
Absolutely, you just need to buy the right breed of cat. I'd recommend one like pic related.
>>
>>2133746
That's a dog you iDIOT
>>
>>2133769
The point
_________

Your head
>>
>>2133769
Uhhh ... just because it looks like the misconception of what society considers to be a dog, doesn't mean shit. Maybe think about asking what it identifies as next time, you fucking bigoted prick.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 256x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 256x353
>>2133771
That was sarcasm you retard
>>
>>2133779
I have high-functioning autism. That does not make me r*tar***. In fact, it makes me far more perceptive than ignorant people like you.

You. Are. An. Ableist.

Goodbye and good riddance.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 917x871
>>2133783

I'm sorry I didn't know
>>
>>2133779
Oh goddamnit!

Alright. 10/10. You got me.
>>
>>2133769
Racist bastard!
>>
am I posting in /s4s/
>>
File: 9Jq6Ct3.jpg (34 KB, 444x331) Image search: [Google]
9Jq6Ct3.jpg
34 KB, 444x331
>>2133801
Yes.
>>
>>2133539
Nope. Your cat is incapable of feeling any loyalty toward you at all. You're a food dispensing scratching post to your cat and that's all you'll ever be. So, when that's done then you become food.
>>
>>2133919
Dogs will eat their dead owners, too, and they're pretty loyal animals. A corpse is a corpse, and a hungry carnivore will generally eat those.
>>
I once read a pretty interesting article from a forensic pathologist who was talking about pets eating their owners after death. It said that dogs tend to eat their owner relatively soon after death and will often start after a couple of days without food, while cats don't usually tuck in until they've gone hungry for much longer, though that's probably because cats are less active and less food-motivated than dogs so they cope better with a few days without food.

And no, there is no way to train your cat or dog not to see you as food once you have actually become a dead hunk of meat and they're stuck in the house with nothing to eat. Animals don't place attachment or importance on corpses like people do.
>>
Animals mourn but they would still eat you since theres no other food in a locked house
>>
>>2133927
Only non retarded post in this thread. Once you stop doing things that give your pet enjoyment fullfillment or whatever you want to call it, you are nothing to it.
>>
>>2133783

So am I

fuck off retard
>>
>>2133783
fuck off retard
>>
>>2133746
Dogs eat their owners after they die. That's why I always recommend to my friends that they get a big dog - They start eating you from the ass. The small ones eat your face first.
>>
>>2133539
Dogs and cats both eat their masters. Somehow some dumbass myth perpetrated that dogs don't eat people.

Some dog was found eating this paraplegics feet but she couldn't feel it. Dog was literally eating her alive.
>>
Read this poem by lord Byron earlier , it's called Darkness
The meagre by the meagre were devour'd,
Even dogs assail'd their masters, all save one,
And he was faithful to a corse, and kept
The birds and beasts and famish'd men at bay,
Till hunger clung them, or the dropping dead
Lur'd their lank jaws; himself sought out no food,
But with a piteous and perpetual moan,
And a quick desolate cry, licking the hand
Which answer'd not with a caress he died.

I cried
>>
>>2134170

can someone who knows what they're talking about please address this post?
>>
>>2134170
>a couple of days without food, while cats don't usually tuck in until they've gone hungry for much longe
>>2136343
I'm calling bullshit on this one. How do you suppose the big dog eat you from the ass? Unless you are fucking naked in the house when you died in the first place
>>
>>2136376
This. Carnivorous animals will start with the anus sometimes, but not if you're wearing pants.

It's not like humans have super tough skin anyway so they can start wherever.
>>
>>2133728
dogs smell like dogs
>>
>>2136376
>Wearing pants when you sleep
>Not dying in your sleep

What happen, throat ripped out by your crazy-ass killing machine?
>>
>>2133539
most animals don't have any comprehension of death or would be able to recognize rotting meat was even a living thing because they aren't even aware they themselves exist. That's not to say they don't have emotional attachment to their owners, they just don't realize what they're doing.

that's why I like elephants, only animal besides primapes to be known to mourn the dead
>>
>>2136536
Dogs can recognize death. They might not understand it fully, but they can be sad about it.
>>
>>2136678
We don't actually know they are sad though. That's just projecting our feelings onto them.
>>
File: primeape.gif (22 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
primeape.gif
22 KB, 500x500
>>2136536
>primape
>>
>>2137549
Same could be said of elephants. You can find videos of dogs/wolves mourning all day on YouTube.
>>
>>2133541
>Not within minutes.
So then mere seconds? Otherwise it is either yes or no.
>>
Sort of related. We had a snake when I was a kid and fed it mice regularly. One day we dropped a mouse im there one morning and the next afternoon saw the mouse eating the snake. Turned out it had died some time right before or after we put the mouse in.
>>
>>2133783
I'm FtM trans, I outrank you in being oppressed, now fuck off retard.
>>
Is it true that if you die in the game you die in real life?
>>
>>2140920
>I'm FtM trans
Those don't exist on the internet
>>
you cant untrain an instinct cause it was never trained in the 1st place. you can train them to give it a domestic shape while the domestic situation lasts, but when this situation changes nature will take over.
>>
Have any of you ever eaten a dead pet before?
>>
>>2134080
>Implying exactly the same thing doesn't apply to humans
>>
>>2141483
Humans don't have instinct. We have evolved beyond it.
>>
>>2133539
Why does it even matter? You will be dead, you won't see or feel a thing. And you will help to feed your cat and keep it alive, it's win/win.
>>
>>2141485
Has anyone ever proven that dead people don't feel pain? Surely some of your nerves could still be active.
>>
>>2141486

YOU
ARE
DEAD

What kind of retarded question is this?
>>
>>2141595
I think he's confusing dead humans with dead fish or reptiles that still twitch around and stuff even after being decapitated.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.