[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw this on my way to the bus stop. Would you feed feral kittens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-05-24_07.34.54.jpg (39 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-24_07.34.54.jpg
39 KB, 480x480
Saw this on my way to the bus stop.

Would you feed feral kittens in an urban environment? Assume that you cant adopt them later and that they will not starve if you dont feed them.
>>
>>2129087
Here's what to do:
>Feed the cats for a few days to earn their trust
>When they let you close enough, grab them and put them in a sack
>Place some rocks in the sack and tie up the top of the sack
>Throw sack in river
>Feel good knowing how much wildlife you've just saved.
>>
buy a small bag of cat food and toss a couple of hand fulls their way
>>
>>2129101
>urban
Oh yeah, all those poor rare pigeons and mice saved
>>
>>2129087
When they're grown, call animal services to have them sterilized.
>>
Trap and euthanize, the world doesn't need more feral cats
>>
Why can't I adopt them? What is preventing me from just finding them new homes? Do I now live in a 3rd world country?
>>
>>2129150
Why don't you find new homes for all the cats already in rescue?
>>
>>2129142
this
>>
>>2129148

This.

>>2129142

Waste of time and money.
>>
>>2129150

Fine. Adopt them, neuter and spay them, and keep them indoors.

Third world countries (and most shit cities in the first world) are the ones that have tons of feral cats running around.
>>
>>2129101
before you throw it in the river be sure to smash it against the ground several times.

you can also wrap one in a towel and strangle it to death to see if youre into that shit. make sure it is wrapped up first though because it will scratch you otherwise.
>>
File: 20151207_170559.jpg (858 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20151207_170559.jpg
858 KB, 2560x1440
>>2129150
I was asking from my own perspective, I already have 2 cats and my apartment isnt big enough for more.
>>
>>2129333
Why can't I try both? Obviously no matter how many I, as one person can try to save rehome will not put even the slightest dent in the population but its not a big deal to me to scoop up a kitten off the street. Most at worst just need flea treatment, maybe antibiotics for a respiratory infection and need to be spayed/neutered.

>>2129375
Not even temporary/lock it in the bathroom? If you can catch it, you can just put up an ad on craigslist looking for help. Or find a shelter/rescue asking if they will take it. Even if it gets euthanized it's better than just leaving it.
>>
>>2129375
Jeez where does the one kitten end and the other begin??

Its like looking into a two headed pool of blackness.
>>
File: firstpicofkittens.jpg (457 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
firstpicofkittens.jpg
457 KB, 1920x2560
>>2129389
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.