[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I've never been to this board, but google isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: cute.jpg (63 KB, 800x498) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
63 KB, 800x498
Okay, I've never been to this board, but google isn't helping me.

If I encounter a curious bear, and I really don't have anything to lose, is it a bad idea to just throw some food to it? Like a raw steak or something?

I'm not a good runner and I'm not entirely keen on trying to punch a bear.
>>
It's worth a shot? I know I'm sure as hell not playing dead if I run across a bear in the wild. I don't care if they say I can't outrun a bear, I'm fucking trying my best.

But yeah throwing food at it seems to be the best option. Or maybe pee on its face a little
>>
That's a terrible idea.

People who feed wild animals are fucking retarded.
>>2125686
Buy a revolver in at least .44 magnum.

.454 Casull is better though. Trying to run or playing dead with a bear is fucking stupid. Shoot the damn thing.
>>
>>2125692
I'd outrun a bear easy senpaichi
>>
>>2125657
No, it'll learn to associate people with food.
>>
>>2125657
It'll associate you as a food source and if you're not around when it comes for more, it may just decide to break inside your place to get it.
>>
>>2125713
Whatever helps you sleep at night, homeslice.
>>
>>2125657
If it's brown, lay down
If it's black, attack
>>
File: 1462261042376.jpg (73 KB, 900x476) Image search: [Google]
1462261042376.jpg
73 KB, 900x476
>>2126148
curious hungry bear lay down and let it sniff you confirming you are in fact flesh and blood aka a food source

great fucking idea
>>
>>2126192
it's the rule for grizzlies versus black bears.

you should play dead with grizzlies and try to scare off black bears. obviously if the grizzly starts to try to eat you, you should try to fight back.
>>
If you feed it, it will come to associate humans with food. This will lead it into more confrontations with humans. Even if it never kills anyone, it will be seen as dangerous and be killed.

Fed bear is a Dead bear.

so yeah, feed a bear if you want it to die.
>>
>>2126148
>If it's black, attack
Literally why?? If it's black, pet the cutie and give it yums.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.