[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are magpies such assholes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: BBMA_4.jpg (119 KB, 720x520) Image search: [Google]
BBMA_4.jpg
119 KB, 720x520
Why are magpies such assholes?
>>
>>2122266
they arenĀ“t
You just think they are assholes because they are smarter than you
>>
File: Australian-Magpie-1024x768.jpg (90 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Australian-Magpie-1024x768.jpg
90 KB, 1024x768
>>2122266
>>2122277
>We both got triple doubles

Nice.
>>
>>2122266
because they are corvids
>>
>>2122266
They aren't. If you think they are because they eat nestlings of other birds, I fucking hope you're a self-sufficient vegetarian(as if those even exist). If it's about the stealing shiny things thing, I can tell you that that's a myth.
>>
>>2122266
>>2122277
>>2122300
>It's a magpie dubs thread
>>
>>2122303
You can be a predator doing it's thing and still be an asshole
>>
>>2122300
this is the actual reason
>>
>>2122266
>tfw want a magpie tattoo
>>
>>2122321
They do that to lure predators away from their nests. Calling it "teasing", and assuming that it makes the corvid an "asshole", is pure anthropomorphism. This isn't a human palying a prank on a friend. Small predators, like cats and foxes, are the biggest threat to corvid nestlings. Luring them away is a matter of survival to the corvids.
>>
>>2122266
because they are gorgeous
>>
>>2122266
They woke in a world that rewards assholes.
>>
>>2122321
lol that's nothing
corvids literaly carve out the eyes of other animals
>>
>>2122453
So did all of us.
>>
Because they drink your tears and live off of the sorrow of others
>>
>>2122472
And we're all assholes.
>>
>>2122604
I'm not, I'm too nice.
>>
Magpies are the best bird to wake up to, just listen to this shit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYEYc8Ge3nw
>>
File: starting a shitstorm.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
starting a shitstorm.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>2122335
Wouldn't that be detrimental? As in the predator will chase the bird and the plan would backfire

Also, don't they put their nests on trees?
>>
Becasue they are intelligent, very intelligent. It seems the more intelligent an animal is the more likeliy its a dickhead and does dick things for funzies.
Like Humans, apes, some whales and dolphins.
>>
>>2122933
>Wouldn't that be detrimental? As in the predator will chase the bird and the plan would backfire
It would lure the predator away from the nest and the eggs/nestlings. Most of the time, the bird will be able to escape from the predator.

>Also, don't they put their nests on trees?
Cats climb trees.
>>
>>2122956
>It would lure the predator away from the nest and the eggs/nestlings. Most of the time, the bird will be able to escape from the predator.
But if a predator is doing nothing the old abuse technique would work better to tell them to get the fuck out. Corvids even use that strategy against raptor birds, why not against land predators? Seems like a better strategy IMO.

>Cats climb trees.
But foxes don't.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.