[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deep Sea General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Mariana-Trench-Barreleye.jpg (21 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
Mariana-Trench-Barreleye.jpg
21 KB, 500x354
Have you ever felt the need to discover the new species?

Have you ever wanted to go to the deepest depths?

Are you just too pussy and want to explain why? (Like me)

Discuss it here, at deep sea general
>>
bubble bump
>>
I am way too afraid of water to shower comfortably, let alone go anywhere near the ocean

Sometimes I daydream about the oceans drying up so we can walk around the ocean floor and discover pieces of history
>>
>>2120888
The oceans dream about drowning you
>>
>>2120881
I think it would be cool to explore the abysll plain, not much down there other than tube worms though.
>>
File: stoplightloosejaw.jpg (60 KB, 640x297) Image search: [Google]
stoplightloosejaw.jpg
60 KB, 640x297
>>2120881
I find colourful, warm, tropical reef diving with Pixar-tier fish and huggable sea cucumbers quite scary, so the concept of deep sea shit is utterly horrifying. I mean come on, this creepy cunt uses RED LASER BEAMS to hunt and it doesn't even have an intact lower jaw - just bone and hinges. Fucking bomb it
>>
>>2120905
lmao two tails
>>
File: fish guy.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fish guy.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>2120905
why are you scared of reefs? i can deal with clear water. its when i cant see shit i start to freak out. yeah i probably could be in a tiny ass sub for 15 hours and i am afraid of the damn thing imploding but its not anywhere near the worst thing on my list
>>
>>2121047
Scared might be an exaggeration, but they're very unnerving places - in the Great Barrier Reef I was stroking weird cute inverts and finding cool stuff in crevices, then I turn around to see a pair of big reef sharks casually patrolling where I'd just been. Even though it's so well-lit and welcoming compared to the deep, you still can't predict what kind of shit will appear or pop out of a hole.
>>
>>2120905
lmao 2tail

That thing is fucking terrifying. I'd love to see it in action.
>>
>>2120891
I have experience like that also
>>
Is there a way to stay toasty warm at those depths? I scuba dive, so going underwater isn't that big of a deal for me, but being cold is. I'd love to see some spooky fish.
>>
>>2120888
Considering how many resources is here on the ocean floor, humanity is dumb enough to try some bullshit.
>>
>>2121231
Drysuit diving I guess?
>>
>>2121231
>diving to those depths
>concerned about temperature
You don't realise, how deep "deep sea" is, do you?
>>
>>2122886
my watch is 1000m water proof so I will be OK
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.