[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Culling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5
So I was eating eggs earlier today and out of random curiosity decided to look up the process and I ran into chick culling. Nearly spat my eggs out.

I'm no animal rights activist and I believe human beings have the right to kill animals for food, but this is just a wasteful insult to God. I've seen some fucked up shit on the internet, people and animals being killed and abused, but this was enough to make me cry.

How to people even justify this? In one breath people will use litters of cute kittens for therapy and in the next they're throwing equally innocent chicks into a grinder.
>>
>>2120373
i got my own chickens. eggs taste better and i don't feel like a dick. also chickens are fun. i know most people can't raise them just saying its great
>>
God doesnt give a shit about those chicks, bringing him into any moral argument is counterproductive.
>>
File: ojchicken.jpg (26 KB, 269x367) Image search: [Google]
ojchicken.jpg
26 KB, 269x367
Its revolting I agree. I also believe its our right to kill them for food but the process they use is awful. The industry in general has bastardized it all.

>>2120384
How hard is it besides just having chickens and waiting for them to plop out eggs?
>>
>How to people even justify this?
People don't actually give a shit. They just want cheap eggs.
>>
>>2120373
I know there is research going on to figure out a way to splice genes to make more chickens come out as girls and to even change chickens to come out a grills. So soon it may not be as bad
>>
>>2120373
I work in the veterinary field and have access to VIN (a veterinarian-only membership board that focuses on medical and ethical questions/convos) and this discussion is currently going on. Take me word on it that these people are more qualified us to have a valid opinion on the matter and they overwhelming consensus is that it is uneasy to the ways but a completely humane and acceptable form of euthanasia.
>>
*uneasy to the eyes

Damn Swype
>>
>>2120373
Look up organic eggs. Find them in your supermarket,check the certification then run a search for it online. It should tell you what it certificates for. Although chick culling is horrible, the actual chickens have it worse, living their lives always next to each other, with their beaks, wings cut off and being fed feed made of blood.
>>
>>2120373

I don't know, it's over in seconds. It's a mess to look at, but they don't know it's happening longer than a blink.
>>
>>2120384
i bet you don't have more than one male. how do you think that works?
>>
>>2120373
>How to people even justify this?
Easy
>So I was eating eggs earlier today
Companies don't do it because they want to be evil and kill all the cute chicks, they do it simply because the demand for eggs is high.
>>
>>2120373
>In one breath people will use litters of cute kittens for therapy and in the next they're throwing equally innocent chicks into a grinder.

That's the hards knocks of not being cute and friendly your whole life.

Take note young women.
>>
>>2120480
>>2120492
Just because it's quick doesn't mean it's right.
>>
>>2120521
And just because it makes you "uneasy" it doesn't make it wrong.
>>
>>2120523
It's wasteful and hypocritical. If they aren't good for meat, they can genetically modify them until the hens produce chicks viable for meat or literally find anything to do with them that isn't throwing them into a shredder because "oy vey they don't produce enough shekels". If we can't show mercy towards the most basic of living things, why be compassionate towards any animal?

They're not just objects capable of metabolism and reproduction, they're breathing and feeling creatures, and by treating them as useless trash, we turn ourselves into monsters.
>>
>>2120535
They are property and property that incurs a higher maintenance cost than utlity or value price is liquidated.

Sorry, but there's no money in keeping all those chicks around, and there's no money in "genetically modifying" them when it's cheaper to grind them.

It could also be argued that it's less ethical to modify the chicken's genetics for the sole purpose of being a product. Imagine that, a whole species designed and bred to be consumed.

What kind of monsters would we have to be to do that?
>>
>>2120535
>If we can't show mercy to the most basic of living things...
Hey did you wash your hands after the last shit you took? Because you LITERALLY committed bacterial genocide. Wiping out all those poor innocent simple organisms. What a monster.
>>
>>2120537
>Sorry, but there's no money in keeping all those chicks around, and there's no money in "genetically modifying" them when it's cheaper to grind them.
Oy.

>It could also be argued that it's less ethical to modify the chicken's genetics for the sole purpose of being a product. Imagine that, a whole species designed and bred to be consumed.
So literally all farm animals? Breeding animals for consumption is a perfectly ethical use for animals so long as they live a decent life beforehand and their deaths go to something more constructive than worm fodder.
>>
>>2120538
>parasitic vermin and harmless vertebrates are the same thing
wew to the lad
>>
>>2120541
>Making a distinction between right to life based on arbitrary distinctions and appearances.

Sorry, but you're just a hypocrite. At least I'm consistent in believing all animals do not have the same natural or innate rights as humans.
>>
>>2120543
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. :^)
>>
It's not like chickens feel pain. Kek
>>
>>2120547
What about people?
>>
>>2120550
People are animals, this post>>2120547
Still stands
>>
>>2120552
Would you concede that we need to ensure the survival of the white race and a future for our children?
>>
File: 1462287643121.jpg (109 KB, 644x928) Image search: [Google]
1462287643121.jpg
109 KB, 644x928
>>2120554
As a matter of fact...
>>
>>2120556
I like the way you think, stranger. Maybe we're not so different after all.
>>
You could argue against their death, but if you agree that they are to die at that stage, then the death should be either painless or ridiculously fast. Culling is fast, efficient and reliable. Kills them in a blink, thus not an agonizing experience.
>>
>>2120373
are you talking about gasing the male chicks?

Of so, to my knowledge these are used in different foods for animals or are frozen and sold as feeders.

So they don't really go to waste
>>
>>2120500
Wait til puberty then chicken and dumplings. I don't even check sex i wait til they grow a waddke and start crowing
>>
>>2120401
I just meant you gotta have a bit of land. Apartment chickens would be gross
>>
>tfw adopted all my chickens from the local animal shelter
>give them high quality vegetarian feed and healthy scraps
>let them run around my yard and catch bugs to eat
>have guilt free eggs

feels good man
>>
>>2120556
why should we care
>>
>>2120373
Its a hard world we live in anon. deal with it.
>>
>>2120554
Not this shit again
>>
>>2120699
>2016
>Willfully destroying your race
Why do you hate yourself?
>>
>>2120702
>having pride attached to your race
get a life so you can be remembered for things you actually did instead of your skin color being your only positive feature
>>
>>2120712
>implying my skin color is not but one of my many positive and attractive features.
No need to start painting caricatures of a person you've never met.
>>
>>2120719
nah, I'm just saying that if someone is so desperate to cling to their skin color being considered something important, they need to focus on things that actually matter. it's pathetic
>>
File: 1386029752534.gif (2 MB, 472x360) Image search: [Google]
1386029752534.gif
2 MB, 472x360
>>2120725
Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.
>>
>>2120725
>skin color doesn't actually matter.
lmao.
>>
>>2120373
Chickens are the grossest animals you'll ever meet
They deserve it
>>
>it is wasteful

It isn't. The nest is used, usually as pet food by product or fertilizer. None off it is wasted, to do so would be financially irresponsible.

>genetic modification

This would be ideal but does not cover without its own ethical problems. There is huge pushback on the state's against GMFs and to sell such products will be illegal for the foreseeable future.

I think your view off factory farms is too small. As mentioned earlier, if you are not upset about the horrible conditions or egg producing and nest birds are forced to live in now, why are you angered by a quick and painless that occurs before they true suffering can even start? Is it because they are cute and fluffy?
>>
>>2120539

I think you are confusing genetic modification with selective breeding. They are not the same thing at all.
>>
>>2120804

Not true, chickens are awesome also your mother is the grossest animal I've ever met and she deserved everything I gave her
>>
Fuck off nazi pig
>>
>>2120894
Whoops, by nest I meant meat
>>
>>2120901
This thread is about chickens, not pigs, brah.
>>
>>2120909
By nazi swine.
>>
>>2120911
Also pigs, not chickens but getting closer
>>
>>2120911
Chicks, not swine
>>
>>2120924
Where all the white chicks at?!
>>
what is chick culling
sounds like genocide

do you like your genocide with toast or sausages?

magic genetic science for more chickens? how useless you literally multiply them in months

we should genetically make yolkless eggs, now that's progress talk about cheap eggs you'd be able to buy eggs by the gallon
>>
Farming and culling are just optimized forms of hunting. Saying certain forms of hunting are okay while claiming others are immoral is arbitrary.

Eat your damn eggs.
>>
>>2120894
>As mentioned earlier, if you are not upset about the horrible conditions or egg producing and nest birds are forced to live in now, why are you angered by a quick and painless that occurs before they true suffering can even start?
UEP Certification is a thing now. Hen treatment is getting better.

>Is it because they are cute and fluffy?
Adults animals are cute and fluffy too. The reason you don't kill the kids would be simply out of principle. Would you throw a litter of healthy puppies into a macerator? No? Then why do it with chicks?

>Farming and culling are just optimized forms of hunting. Saying certain forms of hunting are okay while claiming others are immoral is arbitrary.
Throwing baby animals in the trash isn't hunting.
>>
>>2121204
Meant that last one to >>2121055
>>
>>2121204
>Would you throw healthy puppies into a macerator?
I would if there were hundreds of thousands of them produced every day with no feasible way to raise them or use them otherwise.
>>
Well what do you suppose we do with the ground chicks? Well there is dog and cat food and a whole host of other things. It's how we roll even if you go vegan you will be responsible for killing animals the only way to truly help them is to an hero
>>
>>2121407
And it's so absolutely necessary to produce so many creatures that you have to kill half of them because...?
>>
>>2120730
>>2120729

Pathetic.
>>
>>2121467
>Implying anyone is uncomfortable or denying anything besides you.
>>
>>2121493
>blames jews and blacks for his own failures
>isn't denying anything
pick one.
>>
>>2121522
>Implying I'm a failure
Again with the inaccurate characterizations of someone you know nothing about.

Stop projecting and being so hard on yourself. You can always be happy that at the end of the day at least you're white, no?
>>
>>2121538
>Again with the inaccurate characterizations of someone you know nothing about
oh, like how you think of blacks and jews?

racists are generally uneducated old white males that have never really accomplished anything. Most of them are poor.

I assume you fit the stereotype because you assume everyone else is a stereotype.
>>
>>2121542
There are plenty of statistics, surveys, and studies showing that white people are smarter, wealthier, less violent, less likely to commit crime, and less likely to abandon their children than blacks.

Why are you ignoring the real world?

Furthermore, I object to the term racist. I'm a white supremacist. There's a real difference I'll have you know.
>>
>>2121547
>There are plenty of statistics, surveys, and studies showing that white people are smarter, wealthier, less violent, less likely to commit crime
and there are plenty of studies showing that racists are poor uneducated males, and poor uneducated males are stupider, poorer, more violent, more likely to commit a crime, and more likely to abandon their children than normal whites.

you are our niggers.
and I think you know it.
>>
>>2121551
>Keeps calling me poor and uneducated.

How much did you make last year, boy? I'll post my W2 if you post yours.

I know you won't because you're probably a broke little turd that is envious of my wealth, standing, and place in society. And you know what? That's okay. I'd be jealous if I were you too.
>>
>>2121551
which only shows that the only people willing to take those tests are poor uneducated males.

most whites are racist to some degree, so are most blacks, most asians, and most sand trash.
>>
>>2121559
>I'll post my W2 if you post yours.
kek

I give out w-2's, I don't get them.
>envious of my wealth, standing, and place in society
why would I be? You're a racist, so I already know you've never gone to college, you make truck-driver money at best, and you've never done anything that anyone respects.

>>2121560
>most whites are racist to some degree, so are most blacks, most asians, and most sand trash
keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>2121569
>Lying on the internet.
How cute. :3

Does your mom know you shitpost in a Burmese quilting consortium instead of doing your chores?
>>
>>2121574
see, denial.

because there's no way wealthy white men think you're stupid, violent and poor!

that can't happen!
can it?
B..b..but we're the same RACE!
you poor dumb thing.
>>
>>2120541
>parasitic vermin
They're actually the only reason you're alive right now. You would die without all the bacteria in your gut.
>>
>>2121577
>Keeps making fantastic claims instead of putting up.
Oh pal, give it some time and you'll see how foolish and misguided you are.

It's okay, I don't pity you. In fact, I [spoiler]pray for you. :^)[/spoiler]
>>
>>2121583
>give it some time
>if I wait long enough all the intelligent people will agree with me!

again, whatever you have to tell yourself to keep from sticking your .45 in your useless mouth.
>>
>>2121587
>Implying I own anything in fuddyfive
I'm not nearly as tasteless as you think, boy.

There's plenty of time for you to come around. You're still young, naive, and optimistic. Probably riding that just out high school/college high. I can respect that, but there comes a time when you must return to the real world. When that happens, I'll be waiting.
>>
>>2121560
>>2121569

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM
>>
>>2121589
>I can respect that
but you can't relate because racists don't have college, money, or the intelligence god gave a monkey.

You won't be waiting for anything. Except to ask if I want fries with my order.
>>
>>2121593
You can always have fries when I'm buying, sport.

I'm a compassionate man, you see. I just understand my place in the world.
>>
>>2121596
>I just understand my place in the world.
I believe you do.

Most of America holds racists in lower regard than blacks and jews. You hate those that we place above you.

ironically if you don't want to be beneath them all you have to do is stop hating them. But you can't. Because you've never done anything of value. All your self worth is tied up in things you haven't done.
>I may be completely fucking worthless
>but at least I don't rape people
>at least I don't abandon my family
>at least I don't run multinational banking consortiums

we know what you pretend not to do, but what have you actually done? We know the answer to that too.
>>
>>2121601
I don't hate blacks. The same way I don't hate cats, dogs, and all other lesser creatures.

I just understand that I'm superior to them. They're part of the spice of life. They just shouldn't be free roaming neighborhoods is all. They belong in zoos and such.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.