[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dad is forcing me to kill my rabbit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 1452722140817.png (124 KB, 459x336) Image search: [Google]
1452722140817.png
124 KB, 459x336
http://charliewhoness.tumblr.com/post/144163865719/my-dad-is-forcing-me-to-kill-my-rabbit

>We think he(the bunny) might have a spinal injury
>a little over a month ago i noticed he wasnt moving around as much and he was losing clumps of hair
>my dad wants to get rid of all my pets except my cat so he refuses to get help for any of them but the cat ( i have a dog and two rabbits plus my cat)
>i noticed today that he no longer will go to his litter box and just goes in his normal spot that he sits in all day
>so my dad decided we have to put him down
>he called the vet and the vet is insisting on treatment options
>so my dad looked at me and said you either lie to the vet or you dont come because youre not going to make me look like an uncaring asshole (even though he is)
>if anyone can take him and help him please
>help my rabbit

Holy shit this is very sad
>>
Call the humane society, tell them what's happening with your rabbit, then try to give it up for adoption.
>>
>>2119759
lol it's just a rabbit
>>
>>2119772
Don't be a jack ass anon, it's obviously important to him/her.
>>
That's sad, I would try what >>2119763 suggested for a shot to save it.
>>
>>2119763
This is a bad idea, it will cause a lot of internal strive in the family and it sounds like that is the last thing OP can use.

Listen up OP, because this is what you are going to do.
Your beloved bunny as been suffering for over a month now and it is time to take some responsibilities.
You put that bunny in a box and you go to a vet, I don't care how you get there, walk or take a bus.
So I would assume you don't have a lot of money and the only option will most likely be to put him down.
But that is 100% better than a painfully slow death.
Don't let your father do it, it is your pet you take the responsibility yourself. it is the right thing to do.
>>
File: 1362693592015.jpg (90 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
1362693592015.jpg
90 KB, 640x368
>>2119784
OP here, I'm not the one with the bunny
I found that dumblr post while looking at pictures of rabbits.
If you guys want to suggest anything message the blog.
>>
>>2119759
>Fucking Up Your Kids 101
Do you ever think parents like this realize that their asses will die alone because even their own blood abandoned them and their shit attitude?
>>
>>2119787
When you green text a story, it is often assumed that the story is your story.

Now ya know, and now you are getting to get shit tons of replies from idiots who can't read a full paragraph.
>>
>>2119791
In OP's defence, he put a link before the green text, and then used the green text for it's actual "quote" purpose. You see greentexts in this format on a lot of different boards too.
>>
bumperlan
>>
File: post-7-1421637322.jpg (17 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
post-7-1421637322.jpg
17 KB, 350x280
>>2119759
Do not want

My parents might be the reason I'm obsessed with mustelids because of similar reasons
>>
File: 1326293122565.jpg (69 KB, 1285x945) Image search: [Google]
1326293122565.jpg
69 KB, 1285x945
>>2119787
so now /an/ is just lame blog reposts?
>>
>>2119772
Stfu you bitch
>>
Why keep the rabbit alive if its in a cage all day waiting for some primate to rub their oily hands on it? thats no life not for any creature.
>>
File: 1449496883040.jpg (71 KB, 618x677) Image search: [Google]
1449496883040.jpg
71 KB, 618x677
>UPDATE
>we took him to the vet this morning and the vet says his muscle has deteriorated and can not build back
>he most likely has kidney failure
>hes been prescribed pain medicine
>the treatment will be a couple hundred of dollars and my dad wont pay that much
>we most likely will have to put him down
>>
>>2121070

It's a fucking rabbit. Put it out of its misery.
>>
Put down the old man
>>
File: 140815559123.jpg (55 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
140815559123.jpg
55 KB, 800x600
>after reading comments from both tumblr and 4chan ive decided that it would be best for him if we put him down
>though with his pain medicine hes almost acting normal his muscle has still deteriorated
>meaning that the rest of his life he would constantly have to be doped up
>and thats not even if his kidneys actually are failing
>it would be selfish of me to make him suffer because we might be able to do something
>he has a follow up appointment on wednesday where we will be putting him to sleep
>luckily with the meds he can have a relaxing last few days with all his favorite foods
>>
It's your pet, you pay for it nigga. don't get a pet if you don't have an emergency fund prepared, etc, etc.
>>
>>2119772
shut up cunt
>>
I had a rabbit once. It was an unknown age when I got it, but it lived three years and then stopped being able to keep its back end clean. Turned out it was a spinal issue, no treatment, and we had to clean him every day.

Eventually he got tangled in his hay somehow, probably because he couldn't move properly, and his feet swelled up huge, and that was the day we decided enough was enough and had him euth'd.

Looking back, I would've euth'd him earlier. It was cruel to keep him alive as long as we did.
>>
>>2119774
>him/her
Not trying to ruin thread but...are you from tumblr?
>>
>>2119790
This... My mother died alone. Even if she was trying to connect with me past years, it didn't worked.
This kind of shitty stuff destroys both - a child and a parent.
>>
Probably a parasitic infection,

3 weeks of Panacur-R will clear that shit right up.

Like 34 dollars online. Or else it's full spinal injury and you don;t deserve a rabbit anyways
>>
>>2119759
its a fucking rabbit, you have 5. It seems to me like you are the uncaring asshole
>>
i have two rabbits not five??
and its uncaring because i cant do anything about whats wrong with him??
>>
>>2123247
I'm pretty sure it's mostly girls here on /an/
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.