[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to get to sleep but this spider keeps bothering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160510_224619487.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160510_224619487.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
I'm trying to get to sleep but this spider keeps bothering me.

I felt it crawling over my shoulder and onto my face so I pushed it off, took the pic related then shooed it away. I just felt it on my back as well.

Why is this spider being a dick?
>>
>>2119448
Why would you not just kill it?
Also I feel you, I've been getting a new spider bite every day I sleep in shorts
>>
>>2119456

I'd feel a bit bad for killing it deliberately unless it bites me, which it hasn't done yet. If it does bite me I will not care if I kill it, same if I accidentally squish it during the night.

I'm vaguely curious as to what it is, my dad mentioned there being false widows in the back garden once but it doesn't seem to have the right markings on it.
>>
>>2119462
it's a false widow.

markings vary.
>>
>>2119469

Oh, okay. I read their bites are basically like a bee sting so w/e I guess.
>>
>>2119472
I don't think they're even that bad unless you're in the UK. Those ones might burn a bit.
>>
>>2119475

I am UK, yeah. If it bites it bites; I don't know where it is now, and I'm not going to spend time to hunt it down and dispose of it. Thanks for the info though.
>>
>>2119478
no worries.
I have a house full of those in the US, ours are harmless. I've never had one bite me and I've lived with them for 15 years.
>>
OP if you aren't careful, you'll end up with a spider in your ear canal.
>>
File: 20131109100936.jpg (19 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20131109100936.jpg
19 KB, 640x480
I live in Chile we have brown recluses, in every home, behind every photo on the wall, and they're all deadly.

We just live with it, you guys are pussies.

Except for the australians they have problems.
>>
>>2119541
>brown recluses
>deadly
>acting like they are exclusive to your third world shithole
>>
>>2119548
Ours are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilean_recluse_spider

This spider is considered by many to be the most dangerous of the recluse spiders, and its bite is known to frequently result in severe systemic reactions, including death.
>>
>>2119541
>this somehow makes you cool
whatever helps you sleep at night javier
>>
>>2119541
>except for Australians

It's funny. The only "dangerous" spiders here are red backs, and are no where near as venomous as black widows. Only 6 out of around 30 species of funnel webs are dangerous and almost all of those live in very remote places.

Now if your talking dangerous snakes that's a whole different issue.
>>
>>2119819
actually in the bush you get these huge spiders that like to get set between trees (like a hammock) they can catch dragonflies and small birds AND their actual web is venomous, so while you won't die from being bitten rather just walking through its web will make you itch like a jellyfish sting got you
>>
>>2119448
Just put it outside and stop whining.
>>
I got bit by a by a recluse when i was a kid. half my calve was a big bubble.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.