[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So a few weeks ago i noticed one of my hens was limping. I picked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image20014.jpg (6 KB, 200x291) Image search: [Google]
image20014.jpg
6 KB, 200x291
So a few weeks ago i noticed one of my hens was limping. I picked her up, and there weren't any apparent injuries. She wasn't bothered when I moved both of her legs around, and the next day she was walking normally. When i came home today I noticed she was limping again, still no apparent injuries, and she still wasn't bothered when I examined her legs. What could be wrong with her? The limp isn't as bad as it was last time, but it's noticeable. I don't want to be ignoring a major health issue. I've been giving them a varied diet of standard feed, and lots of different edible plants. She's the only one who's been limping

It looks like it's her left leg she isn't putting weight on.
>>
Take it to a vet.
>>
>>2116870
classic /an/

No vets in clallam county are going to take a chicken
>>
If growing up watching cartoons taught me anything, then there's a thorn in her foot. Pull it out and she'll instantly become your best friend.
>>
>>2116853
Laying eggs takes a lot out of a chicken.
>>
Do you have a rooster? Maybe he's a rapist.
>>
>>2116870

>take a chicken to a vet

Good lord.

Honestly it could be nothing, might have landed wrong and it's just healing. Birds don't need both legs anyway.

As long as it doesn't get worse/infected, don't worry about it.
>>
>>2116853
Look up bumblefoot and then peer suspiciously at your hen.
>>
>>2116912
>clallam county
And how many of us assholes with in the PNW?
>>
File: reuben.jpg (39 KB, 480x288) Image search: [Google]
reuben.jpg
39 KB, 480x288
>>2116957
Yeah, I have a rooster. A fucking huge rooster at that. Nearly twice the size of my smallest hen.
>>
>>2116969
This, OP
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.