[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Walking home >See something fluttering on the ground >"Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: ChvX5w0VAAE4_Si.jpg large.jpg (375 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
ChvX5w0VAAE4_Si.jpg large.jpg
375 KB, 1024x1365
>Walking home
>See something fluttering on the ground
>"Is that two butterflies mating, wtf"
>It's this
>"Oh shit, a cicada!"
>Looks like it was hit by a car
>Pick it up from the road and move it to a grassy area
>Be all pumped cause I think I saw my first cicada ever and got to help it out
>Get home
>It was just a giant waterbug
>One of the single most painful bites in the insect kingdom
>That feel when it didn't bite me but probably would have
>>
File: possum_poster[1].jpg (136 KB, 450x589) Image search: [Google]
possum_poster[1].jpg
136 KB, 450x589
Basically I feel like I rescued a cat only to find out it wasn't a cat but a rabid opossum
>>
I remember during swim practice one of those guys managed to get into the pool. We were messing with it a ton and I think it just swam into the filter or lane line to get away. I already knew not to fuck with them but I thought it would be pretty funny if one of my friends got bit so I didn't tell them about what they were messing with. I showed them the Wikipedia about it the next day and they flipped out. Good times
>>
>>2116320

>first cicada

You broke your virginity and didn't even get to hear them?

Disappointing.

The lack of a head and the weird front legs should have been the give away
>>
>>2116320
I've been looking for one of these bastards since I got the Audubon insect guide at 3. Cicadas are a dime for an infinite amount of cicadas.
>>
>>2116320
Youtube is great for fucking Lethocerus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcNOstUvuls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tFK-dMTP2E
>>
>>2116320
Well this is just a happy ending for everyone. You didn't get bitten by a giant water-bug, and the water-bug didn't get hit by a car.
>>
>>2116612
Kek those screams.
>>
I got bit by one of those once, but a smaller one. I was surprised.
>>
File: fantano-in-thought.jpg (32 KB, 286x446) Image search: [Google]
fantano-in-thought.jpg
32 KB, 286x446
>>2116320
>One of the single most painful bites in the insect kingdom
>insect kingdom
>>
>>2116320
If I ever see one of these bugs I am going to pulverize it with the hardest object available to me. I'm not big on killing things, but those things have no business living.
>>
>>2117611
Kek this
>>
>>2116321

Possums can't get rabies.
>>
>>2117672
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies_in_animals#Opossums
>>
>>2117672
Yes they can. It's just not as common with them.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.