[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do i deserve another dog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
its been 4 months now. I didn't realize my dog could climb onto my desk. I had some sleeping pills on there. she got a hold of some, and by the time I realized something was wrong and took her to the nearest animal emergency clinic she was already halfway gone when I got there. She died because of my carelessness. I thought I'd be over it by now but I think about her everyday. She used to greet me as soon as I got home and now coming home to silence makes me break down sometimes. I'm sorry for blogpost. I want another dog from a shelter. Be honest with me.. Should I even allow myself this? my carelessness cost her life. She was only 3. I miss her everyday. id make sure it wouldn't happen again, I can't let it.

sorry for blogpost. give me an honest thought.
>>
>>2115531
It was an accident and you had no idea she could reach your desk. It wasn't your fault and you have to accept that, even if it may be hard. Now you're more fully aware about puppy/dog proofing, which will only serve future dogs you have well.

It's stupid to beat yourself up too much over this. I think you should get another doggo.

In return, could you give me input to my blogpost? thanks

>>2115522
>>
In most circumstances where an animal dies because of someone being careless I'd just tell you to kill yourself.

But that one's kind of eh, I've had small dogs for years and they usually don't even try and climb up on surfaces unless there's a literal lump of meat up there and it's not like dogs are known for their desire to consume shitloads of random pills.

Just be more careful about leaving medicine out in the future, same shit applies to having kids.
>>
Everyone makes mistakes. You sound like you'd make a better pet owner than a lot of people that have dogs.
>>
If you are really worried train your next dog to only eat on command
>>
>inb4 edgetards fresh from /b/ try and fail to make OP feel responsible because they completely lack subtlety
>>
>>2115681
don't be a retard
>>
Go for it, Anon! That sounds like a rather unlikely event, and I would not have bothered to prevent it myself.
>>
>took her to the vet immediately instead of making a thread on /an/ and waiting the rest of the day for input
>wants to get a shelter dog
You're better than most people on /an/, OP. Get another dog if you want one.
>>
As sad as that is it was an accident. I know the silence is unbearable too. I think getting another dog from a shelter sounds like a good idea. There are dogs there that never had love and your experience only serves to make you be more careful in the future.
>>
>>2115531
stop blaming yourself, it's not your fault dogs eat everything.
>>
>>2115531

Yes.

Shit happens. Don't beat yourself up over it.

And remember to keep the peelz out of doggie reach.

You sound like you love doggos.
>>
>>2115683
How is that retarded?
>>
>>2115531
Get another dog, brother. There are many things that can be said to reach this thought.

Some would not make much sense; the impermanence of life is confusing, but comforting. Your pup is not gone, just in a different form. But this requires deep thought and could be meaningless at the moment, so don't dwell on this idea
Another idea is that of how dogs are treated in other countries. Comparison isn't always wise imho, but your dog seemed to have lived a wonderful life.
Also, there are many dogs in shelters that are being put down. It is unfortunately inevitable that many will die this way, but you have the desire to rescue another. This is a wonderful thing

Your love for life is beautiful, famalam. Get another pooch

Also, try not to always hold others' opinions with such high value. You're strong minded for questioning yourself, but this is one incident that, given your attitude, does not even begin to determine the future. Do not think of it as a question of "deserving" another dog, just think of the bond you and poochie had and be happy of it. There's no reason to dwell over the loss, unless you just want to look good for other people when talking about this. This is using pup's life as a means of "looking like a good person", this is selfish, yes?

Git doggie
>>
>>2115531
just get a big dog, nothing hurts those fuckers, once when i was 14 me and some friends thought getting moms dog drunk would be hillarious but she wouldnt drink the liquor so we throwed a big pice of cake there. She tryed standing and walking bt was dizzy as fuck, then she rolled on the floor (thank god she didnt puke).
I mean the dog ended up dying later being only two years old but that can happen to any dog right?
>>
>>2115985
I know it sounds high and moral.. but I really can't stop thinking about her. I regret being so careless every day. And when I think of getting another one I kind of think well I ended the life of one that was loyal and loved me and I don't know if I morally can get another. all she ever did was be happy to greet me and play with me and I overlooked something that ended her life

Its not that I wouldn't want a putebreds dog or something from kijji too, its just knowing what I did I'd rather get one from a shelter. Maybe I'm being a hypocrite.

Thanks for your thoughts, and this goes to everyome itt too.
>>
Shit happens. Learn from your mistakes. If you feel guilt, you deserve another try. It means you're not a bad person.

... besides, every dog is happy to have a decent home. Doesn't even have to be a great home. 3 meals, some company, no beatings = a happy dog.
>>
you're just going to leave your narcotics out again and kill another dog, op. or you'll get high and forget to bring him in or something similar.
>>
>>2115531
If you're being 100% geniune in your post, it's obvious that you cared about her and the only reason you let something happen to her was because of circumstances that you weren't aware of. We all make mistakes, and we just try to learn and adapt to them as best we can. If you feel ready, I would say you're fine to get a new pooch.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.