[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just killed a fly and... it felt wrong. Like I killed something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: Bob-omb.png (6 KB, 132x128) Image search: [Google]
Bob-omb.png
6 KB, 132x128
I just killed a fly and... it felt wrong. Like I killed something just because it was bothering me? I don't know how I feel about that. Give me your 2 cent from your morale compasses.
Pic unrelated.
>>
I had maggots in my kitchen bin on the weekend. I didn't notice until I had killed at least 25 flys with my bare hands. then the mystery of the endless flys made sense. You shouldn't feel bad OP, flys aren't worth any more than the molecules they're composed of. If you hadn't killed it, it would be dead soon anyway just because it's a short-lived vermin.
>>
>>2114999
I don't like killing bugs that can't physically hurt me, personally. Spiders and similar? Yeah, I'll smash them if they're in my house; don't want to roll on one while I sleep and get bit. I almost cried because I stepped on one of those giant millipedes once, though. I've killed plenty of mammals and didn't really give a shit, but the millipede just made
me sad.
>>
Only wrong if it attacked you. (Lie)
>>
>>2114999
Morality doesn't enter into it for me, just geography. In my house, I make the rules and am the apex predator if I decide to be. Bugs have the whole rest of the world to fly around in, and I don't interfere with them in the wild, but if I find them inside they are dead to rights. The lucky ones are the ones so big I'd rather not crush them due to the mess, and instead toss them out back where they belong.
>>
>>2114999
You feel bad because of what you were thinking not what you were doing. You killed something out if annoyance rather than for what you consider a good reason. But feeling bad about it isnt good either. Just try to control yourself better and consign yourself to the factthat whats done is done
>>
>be me
>never hunted
>go to camping with friends
>bring my hand airgun
>chipmunk 20 feet away
>shoot towards it without aiming
>it dies

Feels bad man
>>
>>2114999
Flies are parasites. Man up.
>>
>>2115253
Pests? Yes
Parasites? Idk about that one
>>
>>2114999
If it has the potential to get me sick, (cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes, mice) I feel no remorse. I care about my life way more than a pest's life. Sure it's selfish, but fuck them for bothering me in the first place
>>
>>2115253

Not necessarily: a parasite is an organism that lives on/in a host organism and benefits by deriving the host of nutrients for its benefit.

As much as I agree flies are pests, they're not parasites - unless you're talking say botfly larvae, aka flystrike.
>>
I don't love intruders in my house, but I will usually try to put them outside before I hunt them down. I let my cats deal with the mice inside.
I also usually keep certain spiders because they eat some of the worst pests.
>>
>>2115253
Andrew Ryan please leave
>>
>>2114999
>morale compasses
Flies are annoying. Being annoyed hurts morale. Killing flies is good for morale.
>>
I don't kill animals if I can avoid it.

You're not wrong to feel bad about that fly, man. I would too.
>>
File: Brazilian Wandering Spider.jpg (57 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
Brazilian Wandering Spider.jpg
57 KB, 600x451
>>2115013
>I don't like killing bugs that can't physically hurt me
>Spiders
>Yeah, I'll smash them
>don't want to roll on one while I sleep and get bit
Seems like you fell for the good old "spiders are dangerous" meme.

Pic related is the only actual dangerous spider in the world, and even for that one, the majority of the (extremely marginal) reported deaths are children.

The feared brown recluse and black widow are both practically harmless.
>>
File: 1462230452459.png (136 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
1462230452459.png
136 KB, 500x477
I flushed a spider down the toilet before.

I hope it doesn't haunt me.
>>
>>2115736
Have you ever been to Australia?
>>
>>2115972
>le errythin is danrous in australia meme
Mention one known deadly spider from Australia, along with the average number of confirmed human deaths per year.
>>
>>2114999
I just killed a spider. It wasn't even bothering me. I would be lying if I said I felt any regret.
>>
>>2114999
I've killed several rabbits, possums, snakes, raccoons, almost a few deer, a big fluffy dog, and even a person at work.

I felt worst about the dog. :\
>>
>>2116031
Bonzer Doovalacky

42 deaths per year
>>
>>2116033
Occupation?
>>
>>2116031
>le arbitrarily high bar meme
a thing doesn't actually have to cause any deaths to be considered a danger.

also, fuck off back to ribbit with your "le" crap.
>>
>>2116101
Lying on the internet.
he works from home.
>>
>>2115736
Nice try, spider. Your tricks won't work on me
>>
>>2116101
I'll give you 3 guesses.
>>2116109
I wish.
>>
>>2116121
Cop
ATF
>>
>>2116135
Hahaha two pretty good guesses actually, but not close.

You've got one left.
>>
>>2116142

Not him, but ERT, as that's the cool new young person's occupation, and you didn't kill nobody that wasn't already dying

that or maybe a steel mill worker or whatever
>>
>>2116148
he might be in da military.

more likely he's just lying tho.
>>
>>2116148
Much closer there with the last one.

Want to keep guessing or just have me tell you?
>>
My neighbor was bitten by a brown recluse and had to have a chunk of leg muscle surgically removed.
>>
>>2114999
Spiders are largely beneficial creatures. They seldom bite humans, and they kill and eat other insects that are both more annoying and potentially harmful.

I still kill them on sight, because I'm the human and they're the fucking bugs.

>hymen
>human
Thanks, autocorrect, love you too.
>>
>>2114999
House flies can carry and vector multiple diseases, it'd be better if they were all dead.
>>
>>2116324
He may actually have been bitten but there are about 2 confirmed cases of brown recluse bites every year in the US. The others could be bites, but probably more likely, they're from a bacterial infection. Doctors don't always know the difference between the two.
>>
Unless you're a vegan, I don't understand how you can be against the killing of animals. Unless I have a personal connection with a specific animal, I would kill it in a heart beat without a second thought. The only thing I wouldn't do is torture it. It would always be a quick death. Apart from that, I don't give a damn desu.
>>
>>2116150
Well were waiting faggot
>>
>>2116777
Oh sorry.

I'm a trainman. (Brakeman/conductor)

(/an/ related picture. a train chasing its tail)
>>
>>2116031
>Funnel web
>Red back
There's two for ya. Both are deadly, but since we don't live in a third world ghetto we have this shit called antivenom. Pretty handy stuff for preventing death by deadly fucking spider.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.