[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /an/ I'm adopting an 8 week old blue heeler puppy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Alright /an/
I'm adopting an 8 week old blue heeler puppy soon. It'll be the first dog that I've ever owned myself (family had multiple growing up) and I need the basics on how to train a dog on how not to be a wild shit factory.
Pic related, the doggo
>>
>>2114815
>the doggo

That's clearly a pupper, sir.
>>
Are you sure that's a blue heeler? It doesn't look like one at all
>>
Probably should've googled it instead of coming here to be berated
>>
My puppers do a lot of bitinz be careful
>>
I have a blue heeler x Collie. Just make sure you take him / her out every day if you can for 45 to an hour. Mine has lots of toys at home and a little shell pool she plays in. They are incredibly quick at learning tricks, like literally ten minutes. Just keep them stimulated. Also be prepared for it never wanting to leave your side, they are good off leash dogs with provided you conduct recall training. If you are in Australia then the heat will be ok, that's what they were bred for.

10/10 indestructible dog that has the capacity to alot of their masters bidding. Can be a bit stubborn until around 2, then it just bonds to you. Generally a 1 person dog.
>>
>>2114858
>blue heeler
More like a white heeler am I right? ain't no blue in that little fucker.

You got jipped OP
>>
File: 3851419681_943f052210.jpg (88 KB, 400x468) Image search: [Google]
3851419681_943f052210.jpg
88 KB, 400x468
>>2114858
>>2115126
ausfag here

heelers get there colour as they grow older when they are pups they don't have as much colour

but these guys look like red heelers at best and i reckon they have something else mixed in with them
>>
>>2114815
>8 week old

That should have been your first sign that you're dealing with a BYB, OP.
>>
>first time dog owner
>puppy
>ACD
>at best an inbred red heeler mix

OP this is a bad idea
>>
>>2115227
Can confirm this. Heelers have very little color as pups. You'll see the mask, but that's about it unless they have some other really dramatic marking on them.
>>
If it's just one dog, you'll have no problems.

Dogs are information junkies. It's very easy to get them to learn what's wrong and right by scolding them. Assuming there's no other dog to unteach them.

Just pick him up and rush him outside when he starts to poop. In the meantime, get pet diaper pads from Wal-mart ($12 for a box of 50), and move it feet by feet closer to the door until he gets the message.
>>
>>2114858
Pups behind it are from the same litter. Mom was a similar white color aswell
>>
>>2115384

Was mum and dad (plus as far back as possible) hip scored/elbow scored/PRA (eyes)? Does the breeder show/work her dogs? Is he/her well known within her breed?

If no to the first question especially, run and do NOT buy this puppy as you have stumbled upon a backyard breeder.

Obdience: Ian dunbar's before/after you get your puppy, free PDF online, download it and make it your bible. Kikopup on youtube is good too.
>>
>>2115385
I'm buying it from a friend, so I'm afraid it's not a reputable breeder.
I'll check out Dunbar and kikopup though,thank you
>>
>>2115392

Then why 'buy' it at all? Why are you putting money into a backyard breeders hands?

All you are doing is encouraging him to breed more badly bred puppies. If you are going to buy a puppy find a reputable breeder, or adopt from a shelter.
>>
>>2114815
I hope you are not paying for it, that's not a heeler. Not a blue heeler, not a red heeler. That's a lanky mutt

>>2115366
this is a great idea, teach it to shit inside by the door instead of outside. That will be perfect.
>>
>>2115384
If the mom is still white then it's at best a heeler mix
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.