[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make my dog better at fighting raccoons? He keeps getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: punished_derg.jpg (200 KB, 472x520) Image search: [Google]
punished_derg.jpg
200 KB, 472x520
How do I make my dog better at fighting raccoons? He keeps getting his ass kicked whenever he's left outside at night accidentally.
>>
>>2112800
Really? My moms chihuahua chases off a group of 3 big ass coons almost every night. How is your dog losing?
>>
>>2112803
>Really? My moms chihuahua chases off a group of 3 big ass coons almost every night. How is your dog losing?

I dunno. Never seen him fight. I imagine they all team up on him at once though.
>>
>>2112809
Actually my moms dog is terrifying. He's a mix. Chihuahua so he's a bigger and muscular. He runs out of the dark without barking and jumps right over them and then herds them off into the woods. All you here is his nails hitting the concrete as he runs in the pitch black.
>>
>>2112800
Fuck you man, don't leave your dog outside.
>>
File: demoncat.jpg (25 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
demoncat.jpg
25 KB, 960x540
>>2112800
My cat beat the shit out of a raccoon more than twice her size before she was even a year old. Not a scratch on her.

Your dog needs to step it up.
>>
>>2112803
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMchvKOAkDo
>>
>>2112830
>Fuck you man, don't leave your dog outside.

My uncle was staying over and usually the last person to bed is supposed to let him in after he goes to the bathroom. My uncle forgot to and when we opened the door in the morning he was soaking wet, battle fatigued, and ended up instantly passing out on his bed with his tongue out as soon as he got inside.
>>
>>2112845
>Trusting other people with your beloved pet.
>>
>>2112840
You're comparing a 4 legged fluff-tard to a 4-legged sociopath. Cats are born with unrelenting bloodlust.
>>
>>2112845

You can't make the dog a better fighter. It's less about fighting skill and more about personality. Even their assertive guardians or they're not. Your dog might just be trying to play with them. Who knows? The only safe thing to do is to prevent it from happening. You can't take them to a self defense course.

>My uncle was staying over and usually the last person to bed is supposed to let him in after he goes to the bathroom.

That said, I'm not talking to anyone in particular, but as a pet owner and family man of 34 years, this arrangement never works out. I control the dogs - I am the last one in bed, make sure the dogs have gone to the bathroom and come inside. One dog in a crate, one in our bedroom, cat in daughter's room, gerbil/snake/gecko/aquarium lights out, doors locked.

Having multiple people doing any of that stuff is just multiple people expecting someone else to do it. You have to structure things a lot tight for the sake of the animals.
>>
>>2112944
>You can't take them to a self defense course.
>implying

I have him on a steady diet of Arnold's Iron Whey protein shakes and have him harnessed to a roll-around office chair with a bunch of weights strapped to it to build muscle mass.
>>
>>2112952
>I have him on a steady diet of Arnold's Iron Whey protein shakes and have him harnessed to a roll-around office chair with a bunch of weights strapped to it to build muscle mass.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.