[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My cat continually pisses/shits in my bed and sometimes elsewhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Urine-Pic-284x300.jpg (49 KB, 284x300) Image search: [Google]
Urine-Pic-284x300.jpg
49 KB, 284x300
My cat continually pisses/shits in my bed and sometimes elsewhere outside of her litter box. Her litter box is completely clean. I've had her for 3 years and sometimes she just decides to ruin my things for a while. I'm at a loss of what to do besides getting rid of her at this point.
>>
Is she desexed? Do you have other animals/are there strays in the area? How big is your house, do you keep her locked up in a single room? Has she been checked by a vet? Could have a medical issue.

When my cat started peeing everywhere we found he had a tumor pushing on his bladder.
>>
>>2112021
Yes she's spade, no other animals, 3 bedroom apartment of a decent size. Haven't had her checked this time but when i did before nothing was wrong. I don't think it's a medical thing as she pooped in my bed yesterday and shit and pissed in in tonight so it's not just a bladder thing.
>>
>>2112014
Your cat is severely stressed about something in her environment. Might as well just re-home her. You aren't happy, she isn't happy.
>>
>>2112014
Have you tried pissing on her?
>>
>>2112031
she's been really jumpy right from when i got her as a kitten
>>
Have you tried changing litter types? Some prefer clay, yesterday's news, etc. Actually, rather than running through the gamut of questions regarding what the issue could be, I'll just link this: http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/cat-care/common-cat-behavior-issues/litter-box-problems

The pain association they mention also applies to declawing. Also, simply having cats outside your house that yours can see through the windows or smell can trigger territorial marking.

You sound frustrated, and I can definitely understand why (I would be too), but just know she isn't doing it on purpose to ruin your shit or "get back at you" or anything. There's some kind of problem and she doesn't know what to do except this, or else there was a problem in the past and this behavior simply became habit. People tend to attribute a lot of maliciousness to cats that they really aren't capable of.
>>
>>2112040
It's been a while since i've used different food or litter (few months at least) so i don't think it's either of those. Haven't seen any cats or anything outside recently either and i'm home most of the day.
>>
Either a medical problem or some kind of behavioral problem causing her to not want to use the litter box. Take her to the vet to see if it's a medical problem, and if it isn't your vet can provide tips and help you figure out what behavioral problem is causing her to not use the litter box
>>
One of my cats did that for a while and it turned out to be a bladder infection. Vet gave medicine, advised me to switch her to wet food only and she stopped it in about a week. She pooped outside the litter box too, btw. Maybe she was associating the box with the pain or something? Or just holding it all in until she couldn't anymore.
Another one of my cats did this when we moved to a new apartment. It turned out to be that she just didn't like where I placed the litter box. It was inside a bathroom, under the sink, kind of closed off from the rest of the apartment (that's why I picked the spot desu.) I think she didn't like not being able to see anything around her or something.
Maybe if your cat sleeps in your bed, it's going there because it feels like that's a safe place.
Regardless, you should have it checked out by a vet.
>>
>>2112040
>Defending the cat-jew
>>2112014
Your cat's a spiteful little shit, op. Find a sack and the nearest river.
>>
>>2112931
That's pretty edgy m8
>>
OP you seem doubtful of these suggestions. I'm sure you have your reasons, but you might as well try them anyway. If your only other option is to rehome your cat, you should try anything.
>>
how would stress, other animals lead to her pissing out of her liter box?
>>
Took her to the vet, nothing wrong at all. Just being a little bitch
>>
>>2114682
PLEASE RE-HOME THE CAT. I can't explain to you why your cat being upset results in her eliminating outside the litter box. It just fucking does. You obviously don't respect the cat so just re-home her already!!!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.