[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I need some information A farmer just shot my dog dead, But
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: charlie.jpg (62 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
charlie.jpg
62 KB, 528x960
So I need some information
A farmer just shot my dog dead, But somehow managed to get my contact information from a microchip in my dog, I know this as when he handed me my dog, he said "Fair play, you had him microchipped" how could he have known that without reading the chip himself or having a vet give him our confidential information
Now in Ireland where I live, the law is that all information on that chip is private and only for the eyes of professionals (Vets Microchippers) How could he of gotten that information?
For a addition I'd like to share how he told my family how my dog was dead
>Phone rings and my mother answer
>She sounds ecstatic
>"Hello Anon I think I have your dog!"
>"That's fantastic news"
>"Well whereabouts are you, I can bring him up too you!"'
>Give him information "My daughter is running down the Driveway to meet you now, she's so excited"
>"I wouldn't if I was you, he's missing half his face"
>"I know someone who can dump the body for you if you give me 100 Euro"
What sort of inhumane bastard does this? And can anything be done about the Microchip situation?
Pic related my pup
>>
>>2111603
We've also had poster out since tuesday. but the contact information on the poster was not the number he rang.
>>
CALL

THE

COPS
>>
>>2111603
kill him
kill his family
burn his house down
find his mother and rape her

fuck this makes me mad
>>
What the fuck?
Was it an accident?

Call the police
>>
>>2111603
strays on farms get shot. at least you got the body so you can mourn. farm animals can be chip'd so you can keep track of health statistics on a animal. might have had his own chip reader.
>>
Wow. I know here in the States, the law always sides with the farmer if the dog is "harassing" livestock. I'm not sure about laws in Ireland though. I'm sorry. Even for the States, the way the farmer presented your dog to you is WAY out of hand. Damn.
>>
>>2111644

yeah, they're easily purchased online for not much money

>>2111603

the way he told you sounds pretty shitty
>>
Christ. Your dog had a fucking collar, so I have no idea why he would have shot it thinking he's a stray. The way he was talking to you with no remorse was completely inappropriate too. I live in the US Midwest where there's a farm on every corner and people like this are part of the reason I never let my cat out and had a fit of panic when he escaped once. I hope you can find some kind of justice for your dog. Losing a pet is awful but losing a pet the way you did seems hellish
>>
>>2111626
this
>>
>>2111645
be farmer, shoot dog. aw to bad, should i bury it, oh it had a collar. maybe it has a chip. huh maybe i should drop off guys dog and let him know what happened. should i tell him on the phone? nah ill break it to him slow. wait his kids headed down the drive, shit not gonna scar some kid. "annon half you dog face gone, you kid dont wanna see that" aquard handing off of dead dog.

that did not go as planned.
>>
I work a microchip company. There's an option when you register to have your information released if a third party finds your pet. It's possible you didn't select to have it private or maybe your company fucked up?? I know at my place, even if the owner has given us permission to release their contact info we have to call the owners ourselves first but maybe it was a different company with different rules? Or maybe that guy lied when he called in and claimed to be from a vet or dog warden or something? We're still technically supposed to call first but if they argue we'll just give it to them desu.

BTW, I'm very sorry about your pupper
>>
>>2111661
Starting off with "I think I have your dog" instead of saying "I have your dog's body" is kinda cruel though.
>>
>>2111661
Mostly it goes like,
1. your dog is chasing my cattle
2. your dog killed my chickens
3. you need to contain your dog
4. your dog was on my property again. if you don't contain it, i'm going to have to do something about it
5. i'm going to shoot your dog if it keeps killing/harassing my animals
6. i'm going to shoot your dog if it keeps killing/harassing my animals
7. i'm going to shoot your dog if it keeps killing/harassing my animals
8. I had to shoot your dog
9. ok, here's the local sheriff. he'll confirm i'm allowed to kill your dog if it's on my property and killing my animals
10. dog owner continuously harasses farmer but makes sure that all other animals stay off farmers property

That's pretty much how it goes down in the states. It's lame.
>>
>>2111603
You can easily buy your own chip reader, so that is a very stupid law.
>>
>>2111774
I know accidents happen and dogs get loose. But way too many Americans don't take proper care and responsibility over their animals and let them roam Willy nilly
>>
>>2111792
>You can easily buy your own chip reader, so that is a very stupid law.

I may be mistaken, but that gets you the ID code, and then the agency with those ID to Personal Info records dishes the info out according to their info dishing policy? If that's wrong, I'd be curious to know the correct information about that.
>>
>>2111798
That's exactly correct. Only law enforcement and animal agencies can have the info unless the owner selected for it to be given to anyone who found the pet
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.