[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3024x3024
Hey guys I need help I just found this baby bird on the side of my house and I'm trying to identify it, I live on the outskirts of San Antonio if that helps with finding out the what kind of bird this is I will be posting more pics. Also help me name this little guy
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3024x3024
Another pic
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3024x3024
So far my gf says she wants to name him nugget. I say hell no
>>
I think is it a black cap chickadee

They go "wee woot"
>>
>>2108043
looks like a black capped chickadee

name it Dead Meat
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3024x3024
Thanks for identifying that now I can better care for it. I was thinking about naming it Oxnard Montovo
>>
>>2108043
thats an adult bird, and it will be dead by tomorrow
>>
>>2108043
Why are you bothering that poor bird? What did he ever do to you?
>>
>>2108060
>now I can better care for it.

put it back it's parents are probably looking for it
>>
>>2108139
This. It is supposed to be running around on the ground, but you catching it may well kill it.
>>
>>2108043
>people are still "rescuing" fledglings
>>
File: 1424521159768.jpg (137 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1424521159768.jpg
137 KB, 803x688
>>2108043
>it's that time of the year again
>>
>>2108060
>now I can better care for it.

whoa, no. put it back where you found it. just because you can't see the parents, doesn't mean they aren't there.
>>
>>2108389
yep
>>
>>2108043
Let that bird go, or take it to a rehab center right fucking now.

Don't even think of naming it you stupid kike.
>>
>>2108048
You and your bitch don't know what you're doing. Please just let the bird go, there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>2108043

Remember the dentist from finding nemo, the one take took a look at nemo and said "oh fuck he's struggling, i can provide better for him".

That's literally you right now. Put it back you cocksucker.
>>
>>2109892
This would be good advice if it was actually injured and/or younger. This bird is a fledgling, OP, it does not need your help. It is at the age where it is supposed to be outside the nest and learning how to be a bird. Place it back in a safe spot near where you found it and leave it alone.
>>
>people still picking up fledgelings

Why isn't it common knowledge that this is a normal and very apparent part of the bird life cycle? Where did this "babies fly directly out of the nest" idea come from and why did it get so popular?
>>
Sorry to hijack the thread but I just got home to my dogs having plucked a dove butt naked (literally) plus some feathers from the wings. Doesn't seem to be bleeding but I didn't check very well, I didn't want to handle it more than necessary. I'm really fucking pissed off at my dogs. I'd like to know what I can do for this creature, for now I took it inside and put it in a box in a dark room that's mostly quiet since it's pretty cold outside.

Please help me help it, /an/, or at least know how to make it comfortable while death comes.
>>
>>2110543
take it to nearest wildlife rehabilitation center ASAP
>>
>>2109933
Better yet, you could just NOT spam your shitty channel and its desperate attempt to ride the meme train for a quick buck.
>>
>>2108060
When I was younger I found what I thought was a fledgling sparrow and took it in for a while. Hours later I saw an adult one running around my yard and chirping repeatedly, so I brought the bird back out and set it down. Immediately it ran for the adult and they both wandered off down the street and out of sight together.

What I'm saying is you should probably let it go outside where you found it. If its parents aren't looking for it, it's already left the nest and now it's supposed to make a living for itself. It's really cute and I know you're trying to help it but it almost certainly doesn't need any.
>>
>>2110706
Third world shithole where those things don't exist, but I'll ask around.
>>
>>2110784
Fledgelings are still being fed by the parents after leaving the nest
>>
>>2110929
We are talking about an injured adult dove not the fledgling in OP
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.