[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw dog died of blood loss today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1436747935686.jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1436747935686.jpg
7 KB, 228x221
>tfw dog died of blood loss today
>>
>>2094830
Sorry, your love was not wasted. It meant alot to your pupper. Nothing can take that from you.
>>
Sorry OP but slightly related - do dogs have blood types? Like say my dog lost a lot of blood for whatever reason - would she need specific dog blood? Do vets have backup dog blood?
>>
>>2094842
No idea. All I know is my dog started losing blood throughout the night and we weren't able to get him to the vet fast enough in the morning (further away).

What I would assume though is that your first priority would be to stop the bleeding, just so that he doesn't lose more than he already has. After that, it's a coin toss.
>>
File: IMAG0127.jpg (455 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0127.jpg
455 KB, 1920x1080
>>2094842

Yes.

>>2094830

I know that feel bro. Poor yourself a strong one tonight is going to be rough.
>>
>>2094842
pretty sure all animals with blood have blood types. all mammals certainly do.
>>
Why did you stab your dog out of anger OP?
>>
I'm so sorry to hear that. My Doberman died from cancer 27 months ago. It hurts so much but time does make it easier. Dogs are amazing animals. The loss of one is difficult and its hard to explain because not everyone understands it. Take care of yourself, friend.
>>
>>2094898
That pic hit hard...
>>
>>2094842
Yes and sometimes. Very very few people bring their dog in to donate blood
>>
>>2094839
>>2094898
>>2094938
Thanks for the condolences.. It's been a rough time
>>
>>2094991
I looked it up, I wish mine could donate but one is 13 and the other one thats young enough has lyme disease. The cat is also too old.

I'll keep it in mind in the future. Do they really have an important need for it? You'd think they'd advertise a doggy blood drive, or just have the vet suggest your dog donating blood but this is the first time I've heard of it.
>>
>>2095001
I have no clue, I know of it only because I saw it on animal planet. I think the idea is they don't want to put every schmuck's dog through that stress and have everyone bring in their anxious, scared, flighty dog that may bite and be a ton of trouble

Just a guess though
>>
>>2095015
Maybe.

Maybe they take blood without permission? I dunno. Seems pretty easy because it doesn't take long, maybe with animals that are under for dental cleaning. I wouldn't care, honestly. My dogs are soon due for their shots, I'll just ask I guess.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.