[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I plan on making an aquarium necklace similar to pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: download (4).jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
4 KB, 275x183
I plan on making an aquarium necklace similar to pic related. I was thinking of going to Meier (like a localized Walmart) and purchasing what they call a "Mystery Snail" to put in here.

Would the snail do alright? What should I do to ensure enough algae and proper living conditions are provided for it?
>>
Here's a link to the snail:
https://www.meijer.com/product/pet-care/fish-reptiles/live-fish/mystery-snail/t1/t1-875/t2/t2-10051/t3/t3-930/9314.uts
>>
>>2094168
>can i keep a living being in a teeny tiny little sealed capsule to wear against my 98F body? i'll put algae in, tee hee!

No, and kill yourself.
>>
File: 1459117297438.png (54 KB, 202x200) Image search: [Google]
1459117297438.png
54 KB, 202x200
>>2094168
Why would you do that?

Why would you carry such a thing around with you?

Why does it need a living being inside it?

Do you need to be this much of a special snowflake?
>>
I don't know, would you do alright bouncing around on a chain all day?
>>
how come it's always americans who are so obsessed with squeezing animals into the tiniest space possible?
>>
>>2094206
don't forget bathing in and eating your own waste in a container that is no larger than your own body, leaving you no room to move or experience any stimulus other than the fouling of the water by your own excrement until you die in two days and rot unnoticed.

This is what happens when kids are raised without pets in their family, or by parents who don't respect said pets or animals. OP thinks animals are simply fucking trinkets.
>>
>>2094209
Have you ever heard of turtle keychains?
>>
File: 04ddcc9505.jpg (95 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
04ddcc9505.jpg
95 KB, 400x300
It'll go nicely with your fish belt, OP
>>
>>2094214
>china

jesus fucking christ, just glass them already.
>>
Mystery snail will get too big. Are these necklaces the size of mason jars? (Even that would be too small.)

You could probably do an itty bitty pond snail or maybe there's some species of shrimp.

But the point is whatever livestock would fit inside such a miniature container wouldn't be visible unless you held the thing up to your face.
>>
>>2094195
Kill yourself for thinking external temperatures of the human body reach that high.
>>2094202
It doesn't -need- I was clearly asking. Maybe I just like it. Got to bed, you've got middle school in the morning.
>>2094206
Fair enough, though it doesn't seem like it would match the force of currents they may deal with in nature.
>>2094209
I make one post asking and I'm "so obsessed?"
>>2094211
This is beyond arrogant, I make one post and you assume you know both myself and my up bringing? Jesse.

Is this board always like this?
>>
>>2094223
>mad for getting called out on being a retard
lol retard
>>
>>2094218
Thank you for a decent reply, and good points. I definitely don't want to put anything in there I'd make miserable. Maybe just some neat moss or something then.
>>
>>2094214

That triggers me so fucking hard.

Why is China such a fucking shit hole.
>>
What about sea monkeys? I nothing about them other then they're tiny shrimp.

Alternatively, any recommendations for cool plants I could put in there?
>>
File: image.gif (150 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
150 KB, 500x333
>>2094231
>that triggers me so hard
>>
>>2094239
Newfaggot
>>
>>2094237
I don't think there's any animal bar anaerobic bacteria that could handle the small space/lack of oxygen/motion of being rattled around on a trinket. I would even say that moss would be fucked by it.

>>2094214
>Google this
I'm thinking of about a thousand things I want to say about this shit, but I'd have to write a fucking 3-part novel to express my unfiltered rage.

How come it's always those god-damned chinks
>>
>>2094243
First time out of /b/
>>
>>2094168
April fools was 2 days ago, honey. Go home.
>>
>>2094247
LOL yeah dude you got me

Kill yourself my man
>>
you should also lookinto purchasing disco stus goldfish shoes
>>
>>2094254
>saying this is my first time out of /b
we noticed anon.
>>
>>2094254

Why not lurk more instead of making yourself look like a retard.
>>
>>2094214
>googled it
My fucking heart broke. How can you do this, or even justify buying them if it's not for releasing them afterwards.
>>
>>2094254

Stop talking.
>>
>>2094460
>feeding it
Way to go, anon-kun

>>2094237
Why not keep it plants only? People have created mini eco-systems that are self sustaining for decades with only sunlight.

But yeah I don't know how this would work out in such a small scale and constantly affected by vibrations and movement.
>>
>>2094466
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2267504/The-sealed-bottle-garden-thriving-40-years-fresh-air-water.html
Here's what I'm talking about
>>
>>2094223
> is this board always like this
Yes, /an/ is the most autistic board on 4chan. If your style of care deviates even slightly from the Wikipedia care sheet you will.be met with ridicule and anger
>>
>>2094487
/an/ wouldn't be so autistic if people weren't so fucking retarded in regards of pet care

Just look at this shit >>2094409 We get morons like this regularly who can't even read about the basics and end up killing several animals out of their own stupidity.
>>
File: Bug, R1.jpg (14 KB, 469x375) Image search: [Google]
Bug, R1.jpg
14 KB, 469x375
>>2094455
Stupidity.

>>2094472
That's big though.

>>2094487
Shouldn't you be met with anger if you do pointlessly cruel shit?

OP should try getting a huge jar and do moss and shrimp with added co2. It's rewarding as fuck to see plants grow like fucking inches per day. Put a tablespoon of dirt under the deepish gravel or sand and then add plants, then add water, then wait a week, then get shrimp. In a 5 gallon jar you could have a pretty cool colony. Or you could grow your mystery snail to adulthood(no plants though)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J3fs0qHTDs8/UhYG-3cotLI/AAAAAAAAA3k/KNu-HyOHffg/s1600/applesnail.jpg

This is why we mad. Petstores sell us arapaimas for our 30 gallons and Iridescent sharks for our 10's. They sell us brackish-water fish in freshwater, and plants that aren't aquatic as aquatics. (avoid purple waffle and this one grass looking shit that starts with "z")

Pic related, A brackish water crab, commonly sold and doomed as a freshwater animal.
>>
>>2094466
This just made me realize.

What about a Tardigrade? I don't know if they're available for purchase or even visible to the naked eye, but they are the most badass animal of all to.e and can survival anything, even space.

Gonna go do some googling right now.
>>
File: 354325325.gif (2 MB, 367x227) Image search: [Google]
354325325.gif
2 MB, 367x227
>>2094499
you need a microscope for tards
>>
>>2094500
Given the available space that OP has in mind, I don't think it would be a good idea to put anything in there that is visible for the naked eye. Especially if you want it to live for longer than a couple days.
>>
Okay , in lieu of all this, can anyone throw out some plan recommendations? Preferably something flashy and colorful.
>>
>>2094538
Can you just fuck off? Your post replying to everyone who made fun of you is icing on the cake. You aren't wanted here, maybe try etsy?
>>
>>2094538
enjoy your dead plants.
there's plenty realistic fake plants out there, nobody will notice the difference. shove some empty shells in there too if you really need snails.
>>
File: 1450879398961.jpg (5 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
1450879398961.jpg
5 KB, 243x207
>>2094168
I'm sorry to break this to you OP, but I think you might be autistic.

I'm so sorry.

>>2094223
Pic related is you.
>>
>>2094180
Good idea putting a snail in there that grows to the size of a baseball. No way this isn't bait. No one is this retarded. You can but in a little sand, a little stick, and a really tiny marimo ball
>>
>>2094209
Europeans are the worse when it comes to animal treatment and rights. It pretty much a European past time to snap a dogs spine or cram fireworks in there mouths.
>>
File: image.png (318 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
image.png
318 KB, 768x432
Cancer and shitposting aside, is there any interest in self sustaining eco system with plants and microorganisms? I'm now interested in the idea of trying this and might make a little guide.
>>
>>2094538
https://www.etsy.com/search/jewelry/necklaces?q=terrarium+jewelry

Just get a nice fake one. It will last longer. You can even get a realistic looking tiny animal one if you want.
>>
>>2094571
they already exist and are called aquariums.
>>
>>2094500
Nah, there are a few of them in this thread already. You can see them just fine.
>>
>>2094223
Killyourself for thinking any living creature would make a great ornementary piece you autistic piece of unoriginal meat

God you're so much of a fucking douche, I swear I'm gonna find ya, cut off your arms and legs, get rid of your intestine and use you as a backpack for the few hours you'll have to live. And in that piece of shit of a backpack I'll carry around shits I don't even need.

What fucking kind of person could be led to think it's a great idea to have a tiny aquarium as a necklace ?
>>
File: Copepod_mesocyclops-L[1].jpg (70 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
Copepod_mesocyclops-L[1].jpg
70 KB, 800x521
>>2094500
Why not copepods, and a black-backed locket with a lens?
>>
>>2095181
im pretty sure op is a woman inspired by etsy crap, so there's your answer.
>>
File: bait gobbler.jpg (36 KB, 397x377) Image search: [Google]
bait gobbler.jpg
36 KB, 397x377
>mfw all these bait replies
>>
File: anon wants to get a crab.png (1 MB, 1392x1675) Image search: [Google]
anon wants to get a crab.png
1 MB, 1392x1675
>>2094487
true as your statement is, the question asked by op is fucking ridiculous
>>
>>2094556

is there some basis in your words or are you literally just saying things
>>
>would the snail do all right

I doubt it, but fuck these animal fags its a fucking snail who cares if its suffering in a tiny prison? Its a dumb shit who would get squashed on in nature anyways.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.