[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pet Death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: pet bird grave.jpg (10 KB, 214x170) Image search: [Google]
pet bird grave.jpg
10 KB, 214x170
I just lost a pet and thought it would make a good thread. Get in here to tell stories (funny or sad) and/or to give support. Here's mine:
>have a sun conure
>had him three months, name's Mango
>old owner told me Mango likes to sleep with you on your pillow or nightstand
>have him sleep in cage
>finally decide to let him sleep outside of cage
>set him on nightstand,all goes well
>do it again a week later
>guess he got cold and wanted under my covers
>didn't think anything of it, was very tired
>wake up to him dead
>other two previous birds both eaten by dog
>think "hey third time's the charm" and got rid of dog
>THIRDTIMEISNOTTHECHARM.jpg
>tfw all my fault
>>
>>2093527
there are hundreds of stories like this. birds are dumb anyways. my conure always wants to rub her cloaca on me and its disgusting. this morning i opened her cage and she flew at my face biting the shit out of my neck, screaming, and grinding her cloaca on me leaving this nasty slime trail. why did i ever agree to take this bird. it was a rescue.

maybe i give it to OP and he can give it the whisper of death for me like he did to his other victims. regular dr kevorkian over here.
>>
> be me
> have sweet orange/gold cresty
> roommates cats a shit
> break into cresty enclosure and chase him
> find gecko under bed a couple days later
> dropped his tail and has some wounds but still kicking
> couple months later
> cats get in again
> gecko nowhere to be found
> 8 days later this mother fucked just shows up in the foyer, dry as a bone and clinging to life
> plot twist
> revive him back to health, let him destress for a while and give him to a friend
> still see him every and then when I go to buddy's house
> bro is chill as fuck and has a cool scar from where the cats got him
>>
My relationship died. Can I have support also?
>>
>>2093585
no, post feet pics.
>>
>>2093576
What a good ending, I'm happy for him
>>
>>2093576
Man, fuck cats. Literally the worst.
>>
>>2093576
How did the cat get into the enclosure not once, but twice? That's your fault.
>>
>>2094173
lol. i only hope you are pretending to be a retard
>>
>>2094179
It's not hard to cat proof shit. It really isn't.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (44 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
44 KB, 776x602
>>2094188
>>
Orta was a good hamster.
One day she stopped running on her wheel and sat in the corner.
She wouldn't eat anymore and I couldn't find a reason why.
Vet had no answers either.
She just spontaneously died on the way home.
>>
>>2093576
Let him breed. Those superior genes need to be passed on.
>>
>>2093576
what a superior gecko
he should sire a few clutches of eggs

as >>2095625 said, those bad ass genes have to be passed on
>>
>>2093527
Anon, that's terrible. I'm really sorry for your loss. Sun conures are lovely birds. I was seriously considering one.

If you get another bird ever, a sleep cage near your bed is a good idea. Also means they'll be safe at night.
>>
>>2093528
Sounds like she's hormonal and perhaps mate-bonded to you. The hormones would also explain the attacks. How old is she?

Don't want to hijack the thread, sure you know this already but just in case:
Don't pet her anywhere outside of her head and neck. Don't give her beak-to-mouth 'kisses'. Eliminate play with things that are nest-like, enclosed/cramped boxes etc. I've heard reducing soft food helps too. Make sure she gets 12 hours uninterrupted sleep.

It sounds like you really don't like her though. Would anyone you know take her? You could check the big parrot forums (yes I know they're a bunch of emoticon-abusing middle-aged women, but they love their birds).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.