[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marimo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: floating-marimo.jpg (130 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
floating-marimo.jpg
130 KB, 640x462
I've recently purchased two marimo moss balls ( one approximately 1.5 inches and the other no more that 0.5 inches) and a 20cm fish bowl for my desk.
I was wondering if there was anything else I could put in the fresh water that wouldn't require a pump- with the water being changed weekly.
I'm open to any suggestions!
Other plants, shrimp etc.
Thank you /an/!
>>
There really isn't any thing you could do to change the water other than pour it out of the bowl or pump it out due to the shape it cannot have a filter in there.
>>
I'm aware of this- I mean is there any other creature I could put in there that's small enough and wouldn't require a pump
Sorry for the confusion
>>
>>2090254
>>2090254
Triops
>>
>>2090254
Don't think so, anything you put in there will require feeding and cleaning.

>>2090258
Those things and sea monkeys were a source of childhood truama.
>>
>>2090265
How?
>>
>>2090247
Petco is having a $1 a gallon sale, you might as well just go get a 20 gallon so you can put other shit in it.
>>
File: AObWVHM.jpg (824 KB, 3718x2092) Image search: [Google]
AObWVHM.jpg
824 KB, 3718x2092
>>2090247
>>2090254
Red Cherry Shrimp, Ghost Shrimp, Nerite Snails, Ramshorn Snails, and Malaysian Trumpet Snails(they'll be in your substrate for most of the time however).
You'll have to maintain your """""""""""bowl""""""""""" weekly, doing regular maintenance such as water changes and feeding. I would suggest getting more plants because two memeballs look terrible. I would also replace the bowl with a 3-5 gallon tank for your desk because bowls are shit.

>>2090258
>placing cannibalistic death machines in a bowl
stop this
>>
I'd like to get some marimo and set up some smallish terrariums in apothecary jars and vases and shit. Obviously no animals in something like that, but I'm having a hard time finding plant options that suit (marimo don't like a lot of light or warmth, and most aquarium plants do?)

I might just opt for fake aquarium plants to add visual interest to the containers.
>>
>>2090247
>keeping a marimo in a bowl

the fuck is wrong with you? why not toss a beta and a goldfish in there while you're at it?
>>
File: 936.jpg (27 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
27 KB, 625x626
>>2090372
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.